Introduction At IBM we believe there is a smarter way to achieve a sustainable future, and we are helping organizations harness the power of data and analytics to optimize for a low carbon future
At IBM we believe there is a smarter way to achieve a sustainable future, and we are helping organizations harness the power of data and analytics to optimize for a low carbon future. Our acquisition Envizi supports over 150 clients globally on their journey to become more sustainable.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Sustainability Sales Specialists with a demonstrated track record of meeting targets and delivering results that exceed expectations. As part of the team, you will have Sustainability subject matter domain expertise and be responsible for championing the sales efforts and go to market for the Envizi Sustainability Performance Suite. At the same time, you will support driving cross portfolio expansion and renewal of existing IBM footprint on Intelligent Asset Management (Maximo/TRIRIGA) and Supply Chain (Sterling) as they relate to sustainability.
Integral to the success of this role is being able to apply a mix of business, technological consulting, and project management skills to advance the IBM AI Applications Sustainability business. Responsibilities In This Role Will Include:
- Understand ESG and Sustainability trends and topics
- Understand the solutions you sell and grow in your ability to articulate their value
- Deliver maximum revenue for IBM sustainability software as part of a highly integrated team to manage the complete and complex sales cycle from beginning to end
- Prospecting, meeting with clients, preparing demonstrations, presenting to C-level executives, getting customers to IBM events, progressing opportunities and negotiating them to closure
- Report on all sales activity and revenue achievement and work hard to satisfy all customers
- Keep accurate records and maintain good cadence hygiene
- Utilize with proficiency and timeliness all IBM reporting tools.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Technical Expertise and Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience and understanding of sales, forecasting, business tracking and negotiation
- 3+ years’ experience selling SaaS
- Experience with assessing sales productivity and key sales KPI frameworks
- 3+ years’ experience in a sales role within ESG, Sustainability and/or Energy management data and analytics software
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to C Level
- Track record of over-achieving quota in past positions
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles
- Analytical skills, cross functional learning, and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication. Strong interpersonal skills (client-facing/interdepartmental) and clear communication style
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others in a diverse, multiethnic and multicultural work environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, decentralized environment
- Ability to influence key decision makers during the full life cycle of the sales process
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of corporate action and responses to climate change and/or ESG reporting standards such as SASB, GRI, CDP, GRESB, NGERS etc.
- Domain expertise in sustainability, energy and/or asset optimization management solutions and services is highly desirable
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.