Let us describe the challenge we offer Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. Your experience as a Sustainability & M
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. Your experience as a Sustainability & Material Engineer would be invaluable to us in creating leading drive units in the most sustainable way.
If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the automotive industry, we would like to hear from you.
This position is based at our HQ in Gothenburg, Sweden, with office possibility in Trollhättan.
What you’ll do
Our Electric Drive Unit (EDU) team is a part of the Polestar R&D Department and is a team with a mission to deliver high power electric axles that gives our cars outstanding performance and range. The team consists of both concept and mechanical engineers with involvement from advanced engineering to serial production, where you will report directly to the Hardware Team Manager.
You will be the go-to-expert for materials and functions within EDU hardware development area relating to sustainability and mechanical properties. You will enable an innovative and impactful sustainability work within the team and increase the sustainability performance of the materials and functions within EDU hardware development. You will be involved in mechanical engineering within hardware and have close collaboration with our Central Sustainability Team, as well as be part of the Global Sustainability Matrix.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Drive sustainability activities for the functional team in line with Polestar’s sustainability strategy, e.g. for hardware components, Polestar 0 project, blockchain traceability, sustainable materials strategy etc.
- Support the design engineers in choosing more sustainable materials keeping the same or better properties in durability, corrosion and NVH
- Define long-term targets and action plan for the functional team relating to Polestar’s sustainability and durability targets
- Actively seek out, test and implement innovative and more sustainable solutions pertaining to the functional area
- Define and follow up on sustainability KPIs unique for the functional team
- Educate and support co-workers within the functional teams on sustainability, material guidance based on function and durability need of hardware.
- Initiate and/or take part in research and advanced engineering projects relating to the functional team’s materials and functions
- Secure compliance to sustainability regulations and compliance obligations relating to the functional area
- Manage a network of external sustainability experts and partners pertaining to the functional area
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, e.g. by representing the functional team in cross functional work groups.
Who you are
Your main expertise and passion are sustainability and materials. You have a strong will to create the future of electric vehicles – it’s probably fair to call you an EV nerd passionate about solving climate changes. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and out of the box methods. You have a holistic view, including vision, business and customers. You are energized by working in a creative start-up environment, taking action where you see potential and creating structure where needed.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- More than 3 years of experience working with sustainability and hardware development, preferably within automotive
- A relevant university degree within material science and sustainability
- You have a proven track record in managing projects and cross-functional work groups
At Polestar, you will be a part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…