Job : Ventures Primary Location : Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-London Schedule : Full-time Employee Status : Permanent Posting Date : 14/Sep/2021, 3:18:58 PM Unposting Date : 14/Oct/202
Primary Location: Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-London
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 14/Sep/2021, 3:18:58 PM
Unposting Date: 14/Oct/2021, 5:59:00 PM
About SC Ventures
SC Ventures is a platform and a catalyst for Standard Chartered to promote innovation, invest in disruptive financial technology and explore alternative business models. We see the need for neurodiversity, where we build solutions for business outcomes, using different capabilities and skillsets
Zodia Custody is a venture incubated by SC Ventures. We combine the Banks’ expertise as trusted custodians with the agility of a fintech company to drive industry leadership and transformation. Zodia Custody is a cryptocurrency custodian serving institutional clients across the globe. Zodia Custody is committed to be a force for good across all aspects of our business, the value of Zodia Custody is our people and their diversity which is central to our success. We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our business
Zodia also operates a separate partnership between BC Technology Group (BC Group), Asia’s leading digital asset company and parent of Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)-licensed digital-asset platform OSL, and SC Ventures. With a presence in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, and initially targeting the European market, the partnership will connect institutional traders to counterparties across markets, delivering access to deep pools of liquidity in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other digital assets. It aims to launch in the fourth quarter of 2021, subject to regulatory approvals.
Background on the Position
Zodia are looking for a Surveillance professional in London. The trade, market and communications surveillance role is responsible for monitoring cryptoasset trading across the entire Zodia Markets business to detect trading activity that could adversely affect the firm and its reputation. This person will work closely with experienced staff and develop the capacity to conduct high quality routine surveillance with minimal supervision. They will also work across the business with other stakeholders to identify business model changes and regulatory developments that warrant updating existing or developing new surveillance patterns to ensure the firm has comprehensive coverage. Additionally, the role will be responsible for responding to regulatory inquiries.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong surveillance background with the desire to grow into a wider compliance role with the potential to become UK deputy MLRO.
The role will report into the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Long term strategic planning for trade and communications surveillance platform and technology
- Work with CCO to build strong foundations for an efficient and effective compliance function
- Provide surveillance coverage and advice to the CCO and business, coving both a brokerage and an exchange trading venue.
- Longer term aim for candidate to become UK deputy MLRO (and will be trained to cover wider compliance functions)
- Develop opinion on scope of communication channels covered and proposal to enable surveillance
- Run RFP process to identify new surveillance providers initially on communications but also trade surveillance
- Work with partners including SC Group Surveillance and OSL Compliance to build strong relationships and knowledge sharing
- Identify surveillance efficiencies to be made in the business.
- Anticipate and assess key regulatory surveillance requirements for example as the business becomes increasingly regulated.
- Assess surveillance requirements associated with new and existing products and markets.
- Run the implementation and management of the surveillance control framework, including by preparing and distributing management information.
- Assist in regulatory and internal investigations
- Maintain and monitor a database of remedial actions/recommendations arising from trade and communications surveillance
- Trade, market and communications surveillance includes system generated alerts review, manual reviews and monitoring of communication channels.
- Perform initial review of alerts and/or escalate cases by following the relevant Surveillance Procedures to detect potential market misconduct, market abuse or mis-selling risks as well as irregular behavior that may lead to regulatory / compliance issues.
- Escalate any potential issues to the CCO for further review and follow up, where necessary.
- Promptly Investigate and clearly communicate issues arising from the electronic trade surveillance monitoring activities.
- Ad hoc data retrieval and reviews from source, i.e. Eventus, Bloomberg Vault, Slack, Teams, messenger services, where required.
- Drive and encourage initiatives aimed at helping improve the efficiency and boost the quality of the existing surveillance processes (automated alerting / manual monitoring) as well as the design and implementation of controls. Actively strive to enhance the current scenarios / systems and challenge status quo through driving improvement / automation initiatives.
- Manage and protect business as usual capability during change programmes and remediation initiatives.
- Build and improve on trade surveillance alerts and scenarios within Eventus
- Build and improve comms surveillance alerts, rules and policies to enable more efficient review of data with lower false positives
- Support other stream of work whenever there is a business need.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and / or escalating potential market misconduct, market abuse and mis-selling risks to the CCO for further review and follow up.
- Develop surveillance procedures.
- Control effectiveness testing.
- Participate in strategic initiatives of the company.
- Works collaboratively with the business and relevant risk functions.
- Ensure the timely escalation of incidents and control breaches to relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in the financial industry, preferably in the market conduct / compliance / communications surveillance space
- Experience in an asset class such as FX / Equities / Equities Derivatives / Fixed Income / Commodities across both OTC and exchange trading.
- Banking knowledge in terms of customers, products, transactions and operations
- Experience in the trade, market and communication surveillance process and the vendor tools, ideally including Eventus and or Bloomberg Vault.
- Exposure to trading desks, electronic trading market and securities industry strongly preferred
- Experience with surveillance and case management systems, such as NICE Actimize and SMARTS
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite; Excel, Bloomberg
- Familiarity with market data, market structure and due diligence vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; additional programming capabilities e.g. Python, VBA is advantageous
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).
- Analytical, attention to details.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Core knowledge in risk identification, risk assessment, controls development, training, monitoring and reporting.
- Core experience, shown by demonstrable achievements in the above areas.
Apply now to join the team transforming the digital asset space