We’re Ternoa, a decentralized, open source, multi-chain Layer 1 blockchain providing a technical stack to build scalable and secure NFTs with native support for augmented features. Join Us W
We’re Ternoa, a decentralized, open source, multi-chain Layer 1 blockchain providing a technical stack to build scalable and secure NFTs with native support for augmented features.
We’re looking for a fully remote, full-time, Substrate Runtime Engineer to join us asap. You’ll be part of our core development team, building a Layer 1 chain using Substrate and Rust. Your role has four major components:
1️⃣ Substrate & other dependency management
- Monitor developments and releases of substrate versions and other key dependencies
- Perform version upgrades & testing in dev env.
- Maintain regression test cases and perform release tests
2️⃣ Tools development
- Internal tools to automate creation of dev and test environments and other repetitive tasks
- External tools (eg CLI, public docker images) to improve DX.
3️⃣ Production-related tasks
- Runtime upgrades
- Node upgrades
- Validator community management
- Tech support needed on critical incidents
- Mainnet node management and monitoring
- Node Backups and recovery
- Investigate and fix node and network anomalies
- Research new substrate and ecosystem features and tools
- Parachain migration planning and PoC
You’re a good fit for this role if
- You have proven experience as a Substrate runtime/systems engineer and have hands-on experience doing the tasks listed above.
- You excel in a performance-driven and collaborative environment with constant growth and pivots as required.
- You speak and write English fluently.
- You’re working hours can overlap the Central European Timezone by at least 4 hours
Bonus points if you:
- Have previously worked at a startup
- Have expertise in the NFT space
Does the above sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you
What’s In It For You?
Competitive monthly salary + CAPS token bonus – Get paid the market rate with additional compensation in our native token based on our performance
Get paid in crypto – Payment in USDT is possible if you prefer it that way
100% fully remote – Work from anywhere in the world as long as you can overlap Central European Time by 3 to 4 hours
Flexible schedule – Three weeks of paid time off with no set “working hours” apart from a weekly team call; meet your commitments on your own time.
No micromanagement – We trust you to do the job and meet deadlines without any hand holding or micromanaging.
No endless meetings – We keep meetings to a minimum so you can work on what you do best
Room for growth – You’re welcome to explore additional areas of responsibility or improvement for the team
Have a voice – You’re encouraged to share new ideas and propose new ways of working, communicating, etc.
Consistent feedback loops – Monthly and annual performance reviews with your Team Lead plus weekly team pulses for you to share what’s working well and what isn’t
Feel like you belong – we make the time to laugh, joke, and bond as a team through virtual team activities, weekly check-ins, and an annual IRL when possible
Who we are
For builders by builders
NFTs native to our chain can be deployed using high-level programming languages and do not require smart contract functionality.
Privacy, a fundamental right
Ternoa combines decentralization with native encryption using trusted execution environment (TEEs), turning NFTs into secure, private data containers, allowing users to retain true ownership of digital data.
Sustainability is key
Our protocol relies on nominated proof-of-stake ensuring energy consumption.
Multi chain by design
Using mirroring, bridges, and native Polkadot functionality, Ternoa allows users to merge NFTs from all ecosystems in a single place and enjoy the benefits of our tech stack.
Native support for advanced features
Ternoa provides native support for Secret NFTs, Mirroring, Delegating and Lending, Combination and Fractionalization of NFTs, and much more.
Explore our GitHub and White Paper
If you think you’re a strong fit for this role, we invite you to submit your application. We generally review all applications within a week of submission.
Here’s our recruitment process for shortlisted candidates.
1. 20-30 min. videocall with our People Ops
2. 30-45 min. videocall with our Tech Team
3. Reference checks
4. Job offer sent
We try our best to respond to every application. But sometimes this isn’t possible due to large application volume. If you don’t hear from us in 2-3 weeks, it means that we’ve most likely progressed with other candidates. In this case, we invite you to visit our Careers page in the future to explore other opportunities.
Thank you for your time and interest