Introduction As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive st
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Strategy Consultant – Digital Business Strategy, your responsibilities will include:
- Building and deepening foundational knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies and support workstream activities of an engagement.
- Working closely with clients to understand the clients’ (and their customers’) issues, create strategic recommendations to drive change in a digitally-enabled era, help secure buy-in for the recommendations, and collaborate with fellow IBMers to help reinvent businesses and industries.
- Providing perspectives and solutions to rapidly develop, launch, and grow transformational products, platforms, new businesses, and strategic partnerships with and for clients
- Researching the client organization and industry value chains via modern and digitally-enabled approaches to structured and unstructured data analysis and insight generation that go beyond traditional methods of interviewing, focus groups, or market studies
- Drawing from primary and existing IBM research on evolving market trends to help clients explore the art of the possible based on market and competitive positioning
- Contributing to identify and analyze opportunities and obstacles clients face in global and increasingly competitive markets, develop new business models to bring to life ideas, increase efficiencies and profitability for existing offerings, or determine optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services
- Identifying issues, create hypotheses, and execute analysis, developing decision-ready recommendations to inform the strategic agenda for our clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’re able to apply strategic, analytical thinking and life client centricity
- You work successfully, independent as well as within a team
- You bring high readiness for challenging and complex client situations
- Your persuasive communication and interaction skills qualify yourself for project work on middle-management level
- You’ve proven the application of Design Thinking and Agile methodologies in daily work
- You’re confident in guiding a client through a complete operating model transformation with guidance and external advice
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.