Strategic Finance Manager
Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite pla
Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania – all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
We are seeking a Manager to join the Strategic Finance team. Our team leads the Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Partnering, Financing, and Investor Relations functions at Sorare. You will need to have exceptional quantitative skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work cross-functionally.
Your work will provide our management team and investors with insights into our financial performance on Football as well as our operations in France, and will enable us to identify opportunities for growth and allocate capital efficiently.
You will report to the Head of Finance.
- Manage and Lead all financial discussions on our Football Product, including, but not limited to: monthly and quarterly financial reporting, identifying key trends and variance to budget/forecasted performance, expense management, partner with the BD team on analyzing licensing deals and terms
- Own budgeting and forecasting processes and analyses involving frequent interactions with the GM
- Work with the accounting team to ensure a timely and accurate fiscal close
- Be the finance liaison for our business operations in France
- Build scenario models to evaluate new strategic options.
- Collaborate with partners across the company and act as a financial thought leader to the Soccer business
- Ensure we are scaling efficiently and make recommendations for continuous operational improvement
- Complete ad hoc projects to support business decisions, enhance internal analytics, and streamline processes
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- 6+ years of experience working in an FP&A, investment banking, or consulting role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a finance or other business major, MBA a plus
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to go deep into the details, then compile key information for business stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity, and desire to improve processes and build business decision frameworks
- Familiarity with and passion for sports, marketplaces, blockchain a plus
- Experience with Looker, Google Analytics, and/or SQL a plus
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.