About Kraken As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consume
As one of the largest and most trusted
digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
The Strategic Finance Analyst role will support all of Kraken’s strategic finance needs including modeling business scenarios, tracking performance metrics, and working with leaders to make strategic company decisions. You are an ambitious individual who is excited by the challenge of solving tough, often ambiguous problems in this dynamic space. You are able to make well-informed recommendations based on data and analysis. You can communicate your findings and recommendations verbally and in concise and actionable reports. Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn everything cryptocurrency are a requirement for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage large databases maintained by the Data teams to create advanced reports & data visualizations to communicate Kraken’s performance and inform decisions on current and future initiatives.
- Perform financial and operational deep dives across products, regions, business lines to understand performance trends, competitive positioning, key drivers of growth, profitability, returns, opportunity cost, and valuation impact.
- Formulate and test hypotheses and narratives for various business lines and products.
- Build financial models to both understand the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the business, and communicate findings and recommendations to the team and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain annual budget models and ongoing quarterly forecasts in collaboration with all the functions across Kraken globally.
- Assist the Strategic Finance team in preparing presentations and other updates for our executives, the board, and investors.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- At least 3 years of work experience.
- Direct work experience in strategic finance, strategy, operational roles across technology, fintech or crypto companies / startups is a considerable plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting, corporate finance, financial modeling, valuation, strategic considerations across multiple corporate functions.
- Attention to detail, structured approach and ownership mindset.
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to solve problems, investigate issues, and think creatively.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations and deliver results.
- Intrinsic motivation with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the organization.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in investment banking, equity research, management consulting, hedge fund, mutual fund, or corporate finance
- CFA designation, or progress towards it
- Understanding and deep interest in cryptocurrency, DeFi, fintech B2C & B2B business models
- Experience with SQL, Tableau.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter