Our story: Our story began when our founding team launched a mobile cryptocurrency exchange product in late 2017 called Coinance. After three months of operations and acquiring over 10,000 users, C
Our story began when our founding team launched a mobile cryptocurrency exchange product in late 2017 called Coinance. After three months of operations and acquiring over 10,000 users, Coinance was pulled from the AppStore for not properly identifying its users in compliance with KYC (know your customer) regulations. During the search for a solution, the founders became convinced that there was a large opportunity to build an identity verification tool that was easy for engineering teams to integrate and empowered end-users with privacy and security. Fast-forward three years, and the team has raised $17.5m in venture financing with several hundred customers building with our identity system. We grew our revenue 8x last year and are now looking to expand our teams with ambitious and good humans!
What we do:
Our goal is to empower the world with a digital identity system that puts you, the individual, first. We give developers a set of tools to integrate into their facial recognition, liveness detection, ID authenticity checks, and ID information extraction, while also baking in privacy protections that allow individual users to control their own identity data – creating a more privacy-centric future.
We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City & Berlin!
Who we are looking for:
Passbase is currently seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our growing global team. Our HQ offices are located in New York and Berlin, but if you operate between NYC and European timezones, this role can be fully remote (with some occasional travel for company-sponsored events).
As one of the first members of our Customer Success team, you’ll take end-to-end ownership of our customers, serving as a trusted advisor and primary point of contact for our growth and enterprise customers to ensure their early and continual success. A typical day for you might include: onboarding new customers, guiding them through successful integrations; developing relationships with existing customers, leveraging data and metrics to help them maintain and increase product adoption; and running marketing and enablement campaigns that educate our self-service customers on our product and best practices. If you’re a CSM who is passionate about customers and the ways in which they leverage identity to create meaningful change across sectors like crypto, gaming, and healthcare, Passbase is the place for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Foster product adoption, education, and usage across growth and enterprise customers.
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of Passbase’s product and platform, serving as the subject matter expert on all current and future product offerings.
- Closely analyzing customer datasets in our CSM tool and presenting findings and key insights to executive leadership.
- Oversee customer experience at various stages of the customer journey, including onboarding, implementation, dashboard training, activation, post-activation, renewal, and expansion.
- Develop and deliver success roadmaps and expansion plans that align with customers’ key business goals and objectives concerning their identity verification and compliance requirements.
- Own the day-to-day customer relationship, acting as a trusted advisor to executive and senior leadership teams to foster education, adoption, and growth.
- Coach customers to be product experts and train their teams on Passbase success methodologies and best practices so they become increasingly self-sufficient on our platform.
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers.
- Become the expert in the KYC and identity verification space; staying up to date on industry knowledge, trends, and best practices.
- Create resources and processes that help scale and optimize the customer experience across various customer journeys.
- Work closely with our growth and marketing team to recognize and build success stories from our most successful customers
Background/experience you should have:
- 3+ years of experience managing customer relationships in a role that required deep knowledge of a technical product at a SaaS company (the ideal candidate may have a mixed background spanning customer success, technical account management, and solutions consulting)
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships as a trusted advisor and internal advocate for each customer, focusing on client outcomes while strengthening business value from product usage
- Ability to navigate complex organizations to accelerate product adoption, influence collaboration, and evangelize opportunities for growth
- Proactive in learning new technology platforms and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across different offices and regions
- Proficiency with CRM tools and ticketing platforms
- Experience analyzing customer data sets in Business Intelligence tools and presenting findings to customers
- Passion towards creating a world-class customer experience
- Proficient and comfortable with communicating complex, technical issues and topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to deep-dive into underlying use cases, identify root problems and create systematic solutions
- Strong presentation skills for executive-level meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Analytical mindset, efficiency in multitasking, rigorous prioritization, and proactivity when it comes to support!
- Track record of hitting deadlines and KPIs
- KYC/IDV industry knowledge
- Experience within financial, compliance, and/or highly regulated industries
- Experience working with marketing platforms and technology
- Previous experience with various data analytics and visualization tools (Looker, Mixpanel, Tableau, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
We know there’s more to you and your role here at Passbase, and we want to invest in that. Here are some of our Company Benefits & Perks
- We are a remote-first company with offices in NYC (Union Square) & Berlin
- Competitive salaries using market research data
- 1000 per year, per employee personal wellness, mental health, and learning & development budget
- Unlimited time off
- Regular team & company offsites (pending COVID, & using COVID safety precautions)
- Commuter benefits
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Company-sponsored training
- 401k match
- Competitive healthcare package: Medical, Dental, Vision, short & long-term disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Our COVID Policy:
- We require all employees to be vaccinated (and provide proof of vaccination) before attending any company events/gatherings, or before coming into any office.
- Contingent upon trends in numbers COVID cases, we will also require proof of a negative test.
Our challenges are vast; we are creative, resourceful, and carry a solutions-oriented mentality to tackle them head-on. That means that we divide problems, not tasks, and emphasize autonomy in the approach. We strive towards a common goal and are all responsible for getting there. From accounting to design, we help each other achieve the best possible results by radical transparency and constant learning. We believe each one of us is a leader at this company and treat our peers accordingly. As an early-stage startup, Passbase is also establishing itself as a company of diversity and inclusivity leading with empathy – where anyone from any background can be successful.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion, AND psychological safety at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this feels like an environment you could see yourself in, we encourage you to apply and look forward to finding out more about you!