Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. Our customers range from web startups to global enterprises.
We are seeking motivated Storage Administrators for our office in Dublin. This role will support the systems that provide a best-in-class hosting platform. Day-to-day tasks include deploying, monitoring and maintaining complex solutions to meet the requirements of the business and our customers. Come join our team!
- Provide daily administration and resolution of advanced maintenance and performance issues on NetApp Clustered Data OnTAP, NetApp SANtricity, OnCommand Insight;
- Provide support on installs, upgrades, retrofits, etc.;
- Provide advanced level guidance and technical expertise on storage configuration, best practices and troubleshooting of common block/file protocols, including iSCSl, NFS, ClFS;
- Provide advanced performance and system diagnostics; analyze results to ensure optimal operations;
- Maintain platform and procedural documentation;
- Work with various stakeholders to plan architecture, upgrades and capacity planning;
- Assist with day-to-day operations of data protection/disaster recovery environments as needed;
- Provide on-call support as required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 5 years working as a NetApp Storage Administrator;
- NetApp Cluster-Mode experience (ONTAP 9.x);
- Possess a NCDA or NCIE certification;
- Solid understanding and working experience with storage virtualization concepts;
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows, Xen Server, VMware, etc.
- Understanding of common operating system concepts and procedures for storage configuration and functionality to include software iSCSI initiator, MPIO, LVM, file system, etc.
- Ability to provide on-call support as needed for issue resolutions, roll-outs, upgrades, etc.
- Must be able to work in Ireland without sponsorship
English Speaker required
- Additional languages a plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior working experience with cloud technology;
- Hands-on experience with enterprise storage platforms
About Business UnitDigitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.