Introduction Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirem
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Sterling Technical Specialist, you are IBM’s technical sales consultant to our customers and business partners and a technical sales leader for IBM sales teams. You will learn your customers business requirements, technical requirements, and competitive landscape and apply your technical knowledge and experience to bring new solutions to your assigned customers. You will be responsible for collaborating with IBM sales teams and business partners to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions. You will deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, and proof of concepts on the digital trust portfolio within your assigned territory.
You will assist the IBM sales team with quantifying the value proposition of our solutions, support technical escalations, design solutions, and answer technical questions throughout the sales process in order to progress and close sales and develop lasting customer relationships.
– Demonstrated technical and business value aptitude
– Demonstrated customer-facing, presentation, written communication, and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work independently in a mobile environment
– Taking initiatives to own accounts and issues and driving team members toward common goal of winning business
– Ability to articulate the technical benefits of IBM’s IT portfolio products, solutions and services to all levels in customer’s organization
– Ability to identify the customers business and technical requirements
– Ability to build and maintain relationships with key decisions makers and influencers at you customers
– Ability to develop and deliver compelling demonstrations, proof of concepts, prototypes, and other pre-sales assets which tie IBM Security solutions to customer value.
– Ability to assist with Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Information (RFI) and other technical questionnaires.
– Competency in support training and consulting in post-sales tool and processing deployment situations
– Understanding of Information Management surrounding technology at a high level and positioning value propositions for these products with customers
– Ability to provide technical assistance for marketing activities: Regional Workshops, user group meetings, sales seminars, meet-ups and events
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience and track record in a Technical Sales or Delivery role
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management (SCM) with associated qualifications
- Experience of implementing or demonstrating SCM solutions
- Understanding of SCM processes and product offerings
- Understanding of one or more markets / industries where SCM is essential to its operational side of its business
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and any Nordic language
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in SCM either as technical seller or consultant
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.