Crypto Back End Engineer At PEAK6, we are redefining what it means to be an investment firm. We are driven to see solutions others don't and capitalize on opportunities others miss. We operate with
Crypto Back End Engineer
At PEAK6, we are redefining what it means to be an investment firm. We are driven to see solutions others don’t and capitalize on opportunities others miss. We operate with a focused, entrepreneurial drive and push ourselves to think differently. Unconfined by market or industry, this approach has helped us become the diverse range of successful businesses we are today, spanning proprietary trading, bespoke clearing solutions, growth capital and e-sports.
There are nearly 2,000 of us: traders, gamers and programmers with growing teams across North America and Europe. Here in Belfast, we are currently hiring for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our cryptocurrency trading platform supporting several of the most-popular digital currencies, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and more.
- Build reactive, autonomous micro-services that are the foundation of the new Crypto Trading platform using Golang
- Write self-documenting and well-tested code with an emphasis on sustainable development practices
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and senior leadership, focusing on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices
- 5+ years’ software engineering experience
- Strong proficiency in Golang or Java
- Strong understanding of RESTful API conventions and distributed architecture
- Experience working as a part of a multi-person development team that utilizes automated testing, CI pipelines, peer reviews ideally in an Agile Environment
- Experience in Financial Markets, either from working in an investment bank or a challenger fintech organisation
- Demonstrated skills in process and algorithm design
- Interest in learn new technologies (most of our developers previously coded in Java and are learning Go)
- A DevSecOps mindset
- Exposure to cryptocurrency
- Experience with Kafka, Protobufs, and reactive, multi-tenant applications
- Experience with cloud-native applications and infrastructure-as-code
All of our employees have these traits. You should too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Private health insurance for medical and dental
- Life Insurance
- 28 days annual leave plus 10 NI national holidays
- Great work/life balance and flexible working hours
- Monthly catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Poker tournaments
- Charitable matching gift program
- Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. While we offer flexible working options, please note that our roles will not be permanently remote and will return to an office setting in future, following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
PEAK6 is an equal opportunities employer.