Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented and passionate Staff Software Engineer to help create the next generation of data infrastructure built for scale, resilience and rel
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented and passionate Staff Software Engineer to help create the next generation of data infrastructure built for scale, resilience and reliability. This is a high impact role. You will build real-time data pipelines and a data lake for valuable internal tools used by leadership, compliance, finance, and product teams to make strategic business decisions. You will be responsible for our Data API that powers public-facing applications used globally to follow the open-source ledger.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build real time data pipelines and tools to keep pace with the growth of our data and its consumers
- Power our externally-facing data APIs and applications built on top of them
- Build foundational systems and services that allow users to focus on business and application logic via higher level programming models
- Design and implement systems for scalability, availability and graceful degradation
- Build frameworks for measuring and monitoring data quality and integrity
- Identify and analyze requirements and use cases from multiple internal teams (including Finance, Compliance, Analytics, Data Science, and Engineering); work with other technical leads to design solutions for the requirements
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Deep experience with distributed systems, distributed data stores, data pipelines, and other tools in cloud services environments (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with distributed compute engines like BigTable, BigQuery, Dataflow, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase
- Extensive experience with real time stream processing frameworks such as Beam, Kafka, Storm, Flink, Spark Streaming
- Expert knowledge of data modeling for large scale distributed data platforms
- Experience with data security, management and governance
- Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
- Proficient in SQL, Python, Java, Go
- Familiarity with Unix-like operating systems
- Familiarity with distributed ledger technology concepts and financial transaction/trading data
- Strong understanding of building operational excellence for data infrastructure
- You have a passion working with great peers and motivating teams to reach their potential
- You are a strong partner to other engineering and non-engineering teams and can drive cross-functional projects forward
- You have experience building internal infrastructure that is shared across teams
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in supporting Node.js in production is a plus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Crypto domain experience or interes
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.