ABOUT SOTHEBY'S Established in 1744, Sotheby's is the world's premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby's promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine ar
Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
With the recent launch of Sotheby’s Metaverse; a proprietary NFT platform for collectors of digital art as well as a dedicated home for all our digital art sales, Sotheby’s is looking for an NFT Specialist to help drive our sales and strategy in this fast moving and growing area of NFT’s and digital art.
In this role, the NFT Specialist will be given opportunities to handle new business generation, sourcing, authentication, and evaluation to meet sales and profit targets. Providing and growing our knowledge and expertise of NFT’s applicable to collectibles, art, virtual assets, tokenization of real-world assets, etc. is essential as we build and scale this new business line.
- Research and analyse the latest NFT market trends and media forms e.g. motion graphics, product design, and illustration
- Relationship builder with the emerging and established NFT artists, top collectors and activists in the space
- Business getting and negotiations; operates as part of the NFT team to meet sales and net profit targets for digital art works
- Manages day-to-day client enquiries across all communication channels
- Builds strong relationships with regional and international colleagues and work with clients to actively sell Sotheby’s digital art properties
- Assist in preparation of proposals and of valuations as directed
- Identifies and executes Private Sale opportunities in accordance with Company guidelines
- Authors condition reports and responds to photo forms, estimate enquiries and general correspondence
- Sets an example of scholarship; provides expertise in researching and cataloguing objects to the highest standard, according to client service and sale deadlines
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of professional experience in the fine art industry preferred
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchain-related terminologies and trends, with a strong passion in NFTs
- Experience pitching to clients about the NFT digital art works preferred
- SME and expert user of popular social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Discord, Telegram, Reddit etc.
- Strong research skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven commitment to excellence in Client Service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and as part of a busy team
- Able to work well under pressure, to multiple deadlines and be prepared to “pitch in” when required
- Flexible to travel at certain times of the year to undertake sweeps, support sales, traveling exhibitions and client visits as and when required
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.
Job Type: Full-time