They’re responsible for articulating that requirement to the Architecture and Development teams and then in return communicating the technical solution back to…...
Our Architecture team is part of an exciting Telematics project. The Solutions Architect is responsible for understanding the business requirements for a technology solution so that the appropriate solution can be de designed and delivered. They’re responsible for articulating that requirement to the Architecture and Development teams and then in return communicating the technical solution back to the underlying business stakeholders.
You’ll be involved in high-level and low-level design to support Telematics, talking to suppliers internally and externally, working with the Data Architects through recommendations and enabling the governance of internal and external solutions. The Solution Architect will work with the Head of Architecture, Business Services and Technical products to help develop the business requirement and to specify the technology solution in the form of Design Documentation, Use Cases and other specifications.
To be successful in this role:
- Have strong Technology Stack experience in large multidisciplinary teams using Dot.Net, SQL and Azure
- It would be nice to have Internet of Things experience, Telematics, insurance experience or related industry experience with expertise in supplier governance framework
- We’re looking for someone who’s proactive, creative, self-motivated and who loves to deliver business success and can drive the technology solutions forward, supporting our highly ambitious and exciting plans. This role is pivotal in engaging with delivery teams and leveraging Agile development methodologies, while effectively documenting and communicating technical solutions
Working on a Telematics project in a highly empowered environment, your input and expertise will be valued, as you own the solutions from inception to delivery, involving enterprise-class internal platforms, COTS (Customisable Off the Shelf) products and cloud services, while collaborating with Programme and Engineering teams and third parties.
- Provide technical consultancy services required to support the successful delivery of a Telematics solution and associated interfaces at First Central into live use
- Provide specialist Architectural and Technical consultancy to support the project. This will include attending meetings and workshops, and engaging with other members of the project team
- Governance review of delivered items in line with the documented design and standards
- Technical problem-solving consultancy to assist in the resolution of technical issues during delivery
- Analysis of business requirements and support in their identification and refinement
- Test design and execution support
- Delivery of Architectural design updates and associated artefacts where changes are required
- Create architectural artefacts for use in the communication with senior stakeholders
- Production of high-level architecture and lower-level design documentation of required technical changes
- T0 and T1 estimation of delivery effort (documented) broken down by technical deliverable
- Formal handover of Architecture to internal Architecture team at the end of the engagement
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have experience in:
- Engaging with senior stakeholders; translating business goals to deliverable solutions and outcomes
- The full SDLC process, ideally within regulated and consumer-focused industries at volume. It’s likely you’ve worked as a software engineer earlier in your career
- Creating and presenting Architecture to formal governance boards
- Integrating internal and external systems
- Collaborating with multi-disciplined teams remotely
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Knowledge of analysis, design and modelling techniques, ideally within a formalised framework (TOGAF, Zachman etc)
- Experience in creating target architectures and transition states based on desired business outcomes, delivering solutions from inception through to implementation
- Experience of defining technical solutions including integration with enterprise class COTS (ERP, CRM etc) and cloud services
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey technical terms to a non-technical audience
- Experience of working for high-volume, data-driven organisations
- Experience of architecting within Agile delivery methods e.g. scaled Agile or scrum
- Understanding of retail insurance business would be advantageous
- Experience of technical product delivery within Microsoft technical stack would be advantageous
- An interest and exposure in emerging and maturing technologies (IOT, Blockchain, RPA, AI, etc)
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you’re looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
We’ve received some great feedback from employees on Glassdoor. Don’t believe us?