Our Italian Insurance Technology practice empowers some of the biggest Insurance clients to solve their most complex business problems and transform their organisations through embedding the latest te
Our Italian Insurance Technology practice empowers some of the biggest Insurance clients to solve their most complex business problems and transform their organisations through embedding the latest technology.
You’ll have the amazing opportunity to collaborate alongside a vibrant, experienced team of Analysts, Developers, UX Designers and Architects in the Insurance business. Alongside your career development, you will gain exposure to some leading global insurers and find out why our clients value our insights and experience.
As part of the EY Consulting Insurance Technology practice, you will have the opportunity to work across a portfolio of engagements that will challenge you in areas such as Insurance Core Platform implementations, leveraging emerging technology within the insurance domain, technology enabled business transformations. Our EMEIA focus means that our team has a footprint that spans several geographies in Europe and continued investment in our practice has grown the team circa 30% year-on-year.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with an agile mindset, problem solving skills, industry knowledge of Insurance and/or Technology Consulting practices to supplement our strong capabilities and fuel our continued growth.
Your key responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with clients, establishing a business-driven vision for the future of their IT systems, processes and infrastructure through the application of leading practices and improving their capabilities
- Create IT strategies and architecture roadmaps, including well-articulated views of transition stages toward the final goal
- ideate and prototype innovative solutions to support and drive pre-sales activities and overall team growth in innovation and technology field”
- Understand the full architecture stack, including network, data, application, system, security & integration architectures
- Create artefacts at appropriate levels of detail to be able to communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences
- Define and document key design decisions based on objectives of the engagement
- Develop and maintain detailed coordination and liaison activities with business and technical teams during the solution design and delivery phases
- Provide technical expertise for the evaluation and selection of software products, standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
- Support architecture governance against industry good practice, IT standards and client technical policy.
Skills and attributes for success
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Java/Cloud Engineer
- Good working knowledge of enterprise integration patterns
- Ability to articulate technical solutions to stakeholders and build strong business relationships
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Ability to articulate the key design considerations around governance, support and organization of technology
- Experience around cloud solutions, AI, microservices and emerging technologie
- Familiarity/working knowledge with key components of Amazon / Azure cloud stack
- Experience with cloud solutions, AI, blockchain, microservices and emerging technologies
What we look for
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions
- We look for individuals who show the potential to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to demonstrate intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Team players and leaders who openly support, encourage and share knowledge with colleagues
- Trusted advisors who can build strong client relationships
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
Build your legacy with us