Introduction Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains t
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will plan, lead, and manage engineering teams and releases.
You will take an active role in leading a cross functional team, within the Security Services Development organization, focused on driving execution from definition through successful release and transfer to services/customers.
This is a challenging position working in a very fast paced environment, with the opportunity to work collaboratively with top-notch professionals in the Product management, Engineering, Technology Partners and Support functions to positively influence strategic business outcomes.
You will work in a fast-paced Agile environment to deliver high quality software products according to Security Services Roadmap expectations. Your success will be characterized by your technical and team leadership, your ability to successfully collaborate with key stakeholders and the overall morale of the teams you manage. You should be passionate about technology, a team player, and self-driven.
Your responsibilities as Software Engineering Manager will include (not limited to):
- Provide leadership to the core engineering team of product development professionals, to drive all pertinent issues related to the product development life cycle
- Manage, Motivate and Mentor the product development team to deliver high quality products and constantly innovate
- Identify and communicate project scope and ensure release milestones and objectives are met with delivering a high quality product release
- Keep stake holders from Architecture, Product Management, Customer management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected results
- Analyze problems and drive long term technology solutions to evolve the product scalability, performance, reliability and supportability
- Ensure that projects adhere to the engineering processes and initiate process improvements as needed to improve the quality and productivities
- Coach and mentor junior managers/team members
- Hire, grow, retain and drive high morale of the engineering team
What we offer:
- Working for a top 3 company according to Forbes 2020 best employers ranking
- Opportunity to develop in international environment
- Social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Attractive and stable employment conditions
- Highly skilled teams of experts
- Wide range of trainings and certificates
- Contract of employment
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical care and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sport, charity & other networking groups
- Summer / winter camps for children
- Discounts with IBM employee badge
- Referral Bonus Program
- Home office option
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– 4+ years of first line management experience in a technical role -or- technical team leadership role
- 5+ years of agile software development and test automation experience
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization systems like VMware/Openstack/HyperV and any public cloud
- Deep knowledge and strong experience in architecting, designing and developing products using enterprise-class Java, IBM CloudPaks and related technologies
- Experience of developing reusable software/framework based products dealing with scalability, availability, reliability, testability
- Excellent people management skills to guide, mentor and evaluate performance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience building cloud native applications
- Experience using Docker or Podman, serverless computing to build and run applications.
- Experience using RedHat OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience using IBM cloudPaks
- Experience with devops tooling
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.