You have hands-on experience with blockchain/cryptocurrency development is a very strong plus. You aim for the right level of abstraction to minimise costs of…...
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
- You join the Center of Competence for Software Delivery and Operations of PwC Switzerland, which is part of the Digital Experience and Intelligence team. Your workplace is PwC’s offices in Oerlikon, Zurich.
- You act as a Software Engineer for the delivery and operations of internal, and/or external web application products, systems and solutions.
- You will work in a DevOps environment, where production operations are part of your duties and responsibilities.
- You work closely with the respective Product Owners and subject matter experts to establish and iteratively change an agile delivery plan based on functional and nonfunctional requirements, technical feasibility and dependencies, and your delivery estimates.
- You own or grow to own the system architecture and its quality attributes, most notably testability, security, and operational concerns. Your design complies with the firm’s reference architecture and software standards. You aim for the right level of abstraction to minimise costs of delivery and operations while supporting anticipated changes necessary for a continued product-market-fit.
- You steer the respective engineering team, including external suppliers near- and off-shore, in order to reliably and predictably execute against the iterations of the agile delivery plan.
- You inform and influence the firm’s reference architecture through feedback based on your first-hand experience and through proposals on what to improve.
- You are experienced with various system architecture patterns, most notably cloud-native applications. Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- You have hands-on experience with blockchain/cryptocurrency development is a very strong plus.
- You have hands-on experience in Python.
- You have hands-on experience doing DevOps on production deployments and have worked with cloud-based deployments.
- You understand the concepts of various fields of software engineering, such as web frontends and backends, SQL and NoSQL databases, continuous integration and continuous deployment, as well as system security and identity management.
- You have experience with Node.js , Express, React Java, Scala, Spring Boot, Hibernate is a plus.
- You are a good communicator, with the ability to interact with and influence across multiple levels of management and stakeholders both in writing and verbally. English is a must.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date