About Kraken Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to be
About the role
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement distributed services in Java.
- Application debugging, profiling, performance tuning, stress-testing and site reliability engineering (SRE).
- Work closely with the DevOps team to continuously optimize and improve production infrastructure.
- Support a 24/7 real-time distributed system as part of a wider team.
- Ensure all systems have suitable coverage with tests, metrics and alarms.
Who you are:
- Excellent Java developer with previous experience of working with a range of frameworks.
- Previous experience working with message brokers and distributed architecture.
- Previous experience working with Kubernetes.
- Good communication ability, both written and spoken.
- Ability to develop iteratively for a high throughput, low latency system.
- Highly capable of writing maintainable, simple, efficient and dependable code
- Available to be on call one week in three
- Experience working in the financial sector.
- Experience working with cryptocurrency or blockchain technology.
- Experience working with Linux, SQL, AWS, Redis, Grafana or similar technologies.
- Experience working with modern CI/CD pipelines, Git and Gitlab.