About Kraken As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consum
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the role
We are looking for a Java Developer to join the CF Benchmarks Systems Team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining our distributed calculation system, working with other teams to ensure the system is capable of handling current and future workloads reliably.
You should be diligent with a keen attention to detail and a track record of seeing tasks/projects through to successful conclusion.
This role works GMT +/- 2 hours and either hybrid onsite or remote with travel to London
To learn more about CF Benchmarks, please click here
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement distributed services in Java.
- Application debugging, profiling, performance tuning, stress-testing and site reliability engineering (SRE).
- Work closely with the DevOps team to continuously optimize and improve production infrastructure.
- Support a 24/7 real-time distributed system as part of a wider team.
- Ensure all systems have suitable coverage with tests, metrics and alarms.
- Help provide world class pricing and data services in the Crypto World
- Be part of one of the fastest growing Crypto Companies in the World
Who you are:
- Excellent Java developer with previous experience of working with a range of frameworks.
- Previous experience working with message brokers and distributed architecture.
- Previous experience working with Kubernetes.
- Good communication ability, both written and spoken.
- Ability to develop iteratively for a high throughput, low latency system.
- Highly capable of writing maintainable, simple, efficient and dependable code
- Problem solver
- Available to be on call one week in three
- Experience working in the financial sector.
- Experience working with cryptocurrency or blockchain technology.
- Experience working with Linux, SQL, AWS, Redis, Grafana or similar technologies.
- Experience working with modern CI/CD pipelines, Git and Gitlab.
Location Tagging #London #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent