Summary We are looking for a talented Software Engineer in Test who will be a key contributor on the Midnight team developing leading edge technology in one of the most exciting fields in the worl
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer in Test who will be a key contributor on the Midnight team developing leading edge technology in one of the most exciting fields in the world. Midnight is a regulatory-friendly data protection-based blockchain that safeguards sensitive commercial and personal data. Midnight protects fundamental freedoms of association, commerce, and expression for developers, companies, and individuals. Midnight use cases utilize a novel data protection-first programming model and ZK proofs while operating as a Cardano sidechain.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting, execution and reporting across all releases to the Midnight platform. Working closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. You will play a key role in development projects and are responsible for defining, tracking, coordinating and conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
- Develop and execute test plans for Midnight software components, including functional, performance and security testing.
- Create and maintain automated testing frameworks for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to ensure that requirements are testable and that product releases meet customer needs.
- Write and maintain test cases, test scripts, and other testing documentation.
- Identify and report defects, verifying fixes, and tracking issues through to resolution.
- Conduct root cause analyses of issues and work with the development team to implement fixes.
- Perform manual testing and exploratory testing as needed.
- Keep up-to-date with new blockchain technologies and testing methodologies.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback on testability and quality.
- Contribute to the development of testing processes and standards.
- Understanding of blockchain technology, including consensus algorithms and smart contracts, is a plus
- Knowledge of testing methodologies
- Automation skills, including the ability to write automated test scripts, and to set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Strong analytical skills
- A high level of attention to detail and quality oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Can work autonomously with minimal supervision
Education / Experience
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, logic, physics, or a related subject (Bachelor or above)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in test engineering
- Performance and security testing experience would be a plus
- Experience in test automation and setting up new frameworks
- Experience of API testing
- Experience in distributed systems and computer networks would be beneficial
- Expertise in libraries, tools and procedures for the execution and automation of various types of tests (e.g. unit tests, property tests, model-based tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, UI tests, performance tests, stress tests, fault tolerance tests)
- Blockchain Development experience is preferable but relevant technical experience is also considered, i.e. you’ve worked in highly technical environments and have the ability to pick up new concepts and processes.
- Experience with Virtualization – Docker
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Git
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.