You'll be pushing updates every day to improve our codebase and be able to see instant feedback from our customers & users. 35 days paid vacation time....
This role is a Frontend Software Engineer. Accredible has a number of web properties such as www.credential.net (http://www.credential.net) and dashboard.accredible.com (http://dashboard.accredible.com) which you’ll be building and maintaining on a daily basis. These web platforms are used by millions of people each year. Our customers expect reliability, stability and speed. You’ll be pushing updates every day to improve our codebase and be able to see instant feedback from our customers & users.
We use Angular to build our front-end applications, and they consume a JSON RESTful API. Our approach is Agile and we stick to a regular sprint cadence. We host web properties on Netlify and have some tough requirements such as localization, accessibility and pre-rendering. We’re writing in Typescript, using Nx to work with many applications in a Frontend Monorepo, we use NGRX for reactive state management and follow a modular design.
You won’t be doing this alone as we have a world-class product team you’ll be working with. You’ll have support from a UI/UX designer, a lead front-end engineer, a number of other engineers, a Product Manager and our Chief Technology Officer will be responsible for the work that you do. We’ll be expecting high quality work but don’t worry – you’ll receive constructive feedback and guidance on a regular basis. We meet every day and everybody has input and the ability to make our work and the way we work better.
You’ll have a lot of decision making power, autonomy and trust. We make decisions democratically and give team members the time, resource and authority to work on what they think is most important.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, profitable startup where there are many opportunities to obtain promotions based upon merit, hard work and dedication.
We’re scaling quickly and you’ll be involved in solving the technical challenges that come from increased scale and evolving into microservices. You’ll be able to work with interesting technology such as Blockchain, Citus and analytics related frameworks.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Equity/Stock options
- Flexible hours & remote work
- A close, dedicated startup team who are passionate about improving the education system and who are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital investors
- Two hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it is not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials (courses, books, conferences). We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do, we will be there to support you.
- Enrolment in the company pension scheme
- 35 days paid vacation time
- Many additional perks!
Your skills & competencies
We are looking for you to demonstrate to us that you have these skills & competencies:
- Angular 2+ experience. You will have used Angular professionally for at least 2 years.
- Domain expertise. You have an applied knowledge of frontend design, development and testing and have an understanding of the issues involved in accessibility and localisation.
- Learn quickly. You have the ability to quickly absorb and make use of new information. You can research best practices and make use of them.
- Enthusiastic. You want to learn and grow, and are excited to take on new challenges.
- Independent Problem solving. You are able to independently solve difficult technical and presentational problems and provide solutions or work arounds. You ask for help when you need it but try to solve things yourself.
- Attention to detail. You don’t let important details slip through the cracks.
- Organization & Planning. You plan, organize and schedule in an efficient manner. You know which priorities are important and choose to work on those. You don’t need constant input but are able to ask for help when needed.
It’s essential that you’re honest, have a high level of integrity, are able to communicate and are able to use feedback to learn and develop professionally.
This is a remote role, but we’d like you to work within 2 hours of UK time to allow for lots of cross-team collaboration.
Accredible makes it easy for the world’s best educational institutions to issue credentials, awards, qualifications and licenses digitally rather than on paper. Our customers include Google, Harvard, MIT, Oxford University, McGraw Hill, Slack, iHop, GMAC, the CFO Board and 1200 others, on behalf of whom we have issued over 21 million credentials to learners all over the world to date, and we’re adding over 1.5 million per month. After first hitting profitability and then raising our Series A the company has grown from a team of fifteen to a team of fifty and we are looking for exceptional people to join us and help us turn our pirate ship into a navy.
Open and Inclusive. We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin colour, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political views, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome teachers, learners, activists, artists, dreamers, doers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between.
Remote First. Accredible is spread across dozens of cities around the globe. From Cape Town to Vancouver, London to New York, our employees live and work in the places that they thrive, wherever they thrive.
Growing Strong. We are growing and will continue to expand rapidly. We seek to increase momentum and build a professional, scalable, and efficient team whilst maintaining our friendly, open, and democratic culture.
We Love What We Do. We get to help startups get their training programs off the ground and watch their social referrals double, see associations experience double digit membership growth, and enable established companies to transform training and development. We’re passionate about our product – and what it can do for our customers.