We are currently hiring our early stage / founding tech team. We are looking for a motivated software engineer with a strong mathematical background, capable of learning, designing and implementing cr
We are currently hiring our early stage / founding tech team.
We are looking for a motivated software engineer with a strong mathematical background, capable of learning, designing and implementing cryptographic protocols within the larger framework of a distributed system. This role will be responsible for turning groundbreaking research into commercially viable and reliable products by analyzing, proposing, and validating innovative software solutions within a distributed computing environment.
Ideal candidates have a passion for creating effective and pragmatic software designs. We work in an environment where tangibility and flexibility are key attributes that help us innovate. Our engineering team needs to embody those qualities, bringing clarity and direction to help move new ideas forward. We expect you to be extremely well-versed in current technological trends, ideally with a background in crypto and security. You are a team player and a self-starter who is results driven and passionate to drive the success of Nillion.
This is a fully remote role, but some travel may be required.
- B’Sc in computer science, engineering, or cyber security or relevant experience developing software within a team environment
- Solid working knowledge of Programming languages, primarily Rust, Go, or Python
- Aptitude to learning quickly and optimistically
- Contribute to all stages in the development and delivery of critical elements of the distributed cryptographic system underpinning Nillions products and solutions
- Design, verify and test software solutions and architectures for the Nillion network protocol
- Be familiar with the production software development life cycle including deployment
- Capable to design software and perform hands-on code reviews for teammates
- Proven ability to rapidly interpret technical, mathematical and business requirements and understand complex trade-offs in drawing conclusions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Design, write and utilize unit, integration, and functional testing concepts and frameworks
Nice to Have:
- Strong knowledge and experience in the design and development of domain specific languages and compilers
- Qualified to at least an MSc degree in mathematics, computer science, cyber security, cryptography or a related field. A PhD or Postdoc in any of the related fields is a bonus
- Cybersecurity and cryptography research experience
- Experience working on projects in one or more of the existing Blockchain Technologies – Hyperledger Fabric, Solana, PolkaDot or Ethereum
- Experience in the financial markets / software
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency markets, ecosystem and ethos
- A working understanding of Cloud native environments and platforms (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Professional experience applying cryptography/MPC to business problems.
- Deep understanding of multi-party computing
- CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional) certification (desirable)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (desirable)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (desirable)
- IT / Computing Certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, etc. desirable)
We expect technical members of the Nillion team to have or be the following:
- Comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability find and integrate knowledge quickly
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work independently and with a bias towards action
- Be incredibly technically curious about how things work or how to do things a better way
- Great at writing unit, integration or functional testing but also good at not going overboard with it
- Good at providing valuable feedback on architecture or code reviews with team members
- Familiarity with git version control and continuous integration processes for code deployment
- A part of the hiring and onboarding process for new members to Nillion’s engineering team
- Create well-designed, customized, testable, efficient, reusable code
- Ability to work with a cross-functional and globally distributed team
- Good at coaching as well as being coached. We make all our team members better all the time
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Great at providing simple and extensible abstractions to complex systems.
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field
- Learn from systems engineering, cryptography, and finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- Fully remote work is a possibility
- Nillion pays a competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Remuneration can include company tokens over cash to increase long term upside if desired