Company Description Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities a
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We co-create cutting-edge solutions with our clients, partners, fintechs and other technology leaders. We are dedicated to solving hard problems of the future in new payment flows, Cloud, IoT, Blockchain, Mobile, UX, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics. We are looking for hands-on software engineers with a passion to build innovative products.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain code. Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, and this developer will be a committer and contributor to the development of several innovation projects, partnering with other team members and teams. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline or relevant industry experience
- Intermediate level skills in Java (preferred) / Kotlin / C# / C++
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Self-driven and willing to work across technologies/languages as a full-stack engineer
- Experience in language features such as lambda expressions, generics, and streams
- Experience in Spring (java)
- Experience building enterprise-scale web services (RESTful)
- Experience with build and deploy systems (Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Kubernetes or similar)
- Experience in handling multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Experience building application frameworks or reusable components
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Experience in building highly robust Android or iOS applications
- Experience using OAuth2.0
- Experience in working on cryptography, bluetooth based transmission protocols
- Experience in IoT, NFC, machine learning / data science, NLP
- Experience in payments tech industry
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.