Do you want to work where scientific innovation meets leading-edge technology? Join Accenture’s fast-growing Scientific Informatics Services (SIS) business unit, where you can help pharmaceutical, bio
Do you want to work where scientific innovation meets leading-edge technology? Join Accenture’s fast-growing Scientific Informatics Services (SIS) business unit, where you can help pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology, distributor consumer products, resources and consumer health clients to combine the latest technology with scientific breakthroughs, revolutionizing how medical treatments and products are discovered, developed and delivered to patients around the world!
The Opportunity for You:
We’re uniting experienced and passionate professionals in the areas of life sciences, bio-technology, data and IT, to build next-generation solutions and help our clients address industry challenges with innovative and accelerated digital innovation. As an experienced Software Developer or Engineer, you will gain exposure to a myriad of emerging technologies (such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Extended Reality, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics), while facilitating the transformation of scientific and laboratory processes within global pharma, bio-medical life science and consumer goods companies.
This is an opportunity for you, to be part of a new, fast-growing team that will develop innovative technology solutions for global and EU-based multi-national clients. We offer a total rewards package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits and a strong defined career path within a start-up environment of a global consulting firm.
Working alongside senior software engineers, project managers and business analysts, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Working to configure STARLIMS laboratory informatics system based on client requirements
- Developing code using an object-oriented philosophy
- Writing and performing Unit Tests
- Writing periodic status / progress reports
- Performing basic or complex configuration of laboratory information systems
- Developing simple or complex software functionality but with limited scope
- Participating in peer reviews of code for coding standards, best practices, functionality, error handling, etc.
- Writing basic SQL queries using relational database concepts and schema design principles
- Integrating laboratory instruments with scientific software packages
- Developing simple or complex, dynamic reports
- Participating in requirements analysis process with client stakeholders, taking a leading mentoring junior software developers and engineers
- Breaking complex processes into smaller achievable pieces
- Integrating scientific applications with other scientific or non-scientific applications
- Support L2/L3 support tickets (Incidents, Problem investigations, break fix development)
- BSc or MSc qualified – Science, IT, Engineering, Biomedical or Pharmaceutical related fields preferred
- Some experience working in regulated or controlled environments within Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Bio-technology, Bio-medical or similar industries, preferred
- Experience in customizing and configuring STARLIMS systems
- Technology Consulting experience with a continuous increase in responsibility and technical competence, would be a distinct advantage
- A passion for continuous learning and development, particularly in technology and data science skills
- Strong client-engagement skills, (gained ideally within a large global multinational where you have contributed to large-scale project implementation and deployment)
- Flexibility to travel within the EU and globally based on client and project demands.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 482,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.