We are looking for Software Developers to join our team in Helsinki or Pori, Finland. As part of our technology team, you have an opportunity to build and develop a global bitcoin trading platform wit
We are looking for Software Developers to join our team in Helsinki or Pori, Finland. As part of our technology team, you have an opportunity to build and develop a global bitcoin trading platform with customers all over the world. Our technology stack is Python / Django / Linux, but primarily we are looking for talented and motivated people.
LocalBitcoins is globally leading P2P trading platform for bitcoin and one of the foundation pillars of the Bitcoin economy. The company, headquartered in Helsinki (with side-office in Pori, Finland), was founded in 2012 and has since grown to over 6 000 000 registered users from all over the world. Although we are already an established, financially profitable company, we are not a corporation. We treasure agile ways of working and a growth hacking kind of mindset.
Primarily we are looking for talented and motivated people who are willing to accept challenges and develop themselves. However, here is what we expect from a competent candidate:
- Strong programming skills
- Understanding of web development paradigms and concepts
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to write good and efficient code
- Fluency in English
These skills are not required but considered a plus:
- Django or ReactJS experience
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix-based operating systems
- Generic understanding of software development methodologies and processes
We also value open-minded attitude and good communication skills. We have a diverse, international team and the primary working language is English.
- The opportunity to work with a revolutionary business in one of the first cryptocurrency companies.
- Possibility to develop your skills and specialize according to your own personality. We want you to thrive in your work. Saw an interesting conference or course you would like to attend? We are happy to provide that for you.
- A relaxed, young, professional and diverse work community at our Finnish office. The effort of every single member of the team truly matters. And we want yours to matter too.
- And yes, we also pay your salary, lunch coupons, healthcare insurance and so on
If you have further questions about the position, you may contact our Controller Hanna Leppänen, email@example.com