Ref: Archi/SST-03/2022 SOFTWARE ARCHITECT About Us EarthDaily Agro provides space age data and analytics to the organizations and people who feed the planet! With 35 years of industry experie
EarthDaily Agro provides space age data and analytics to the organizations and people who feed the planet!
With 35 years of industry experience, EarthDaily Agro provides customers with the data, analysis and knowledge they need to make more efficient and effective decisions. B2B services range from global risk management and monitoring of agricultural commodities to the marketing of inputs and precision agriculture consulting, using the latest research in agronomy, information technologies and remote sensing.
EarthDaily Agro also develops highly customized business solutions for agricultural lenders, insurers, input suppliers and food companies, with easy-to-use analytics, that help reduce the daily risks of agriculture.
EarthDaily Agro is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, USA, with offices in France, Brazil, Australia, and Switzerland and is a division of EarthDaily Analytics Corp.
EarthDaily Analytics Corp., a vertically-integrated data processing and analytics company, is launching a new constellation of earth observation satellites. The EarthDaily satellite constellation will significantly enhance geospatial analytics capabilities in agriculture, forestry, environment, financial services, and intelligence, among many other verticals.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
As a technical expert, you work in collaboration with the various project teams to define and implement the architecture of solutions to meet project constraints.
Your responsibilities include:
Geosys performs agricultural analysis based on massive amounts of medium and low-resolution satellite imagery and weather data. As a Software Architect, you will oversee the design, development, quality, deployment, and production of applications that use geospatial data and generate ready-to-use data for analysis or use by our customers.
The applications run on a fast-paced cloud environment where performance and cost control are essential. The position requires a strong DevOps culture and operational experience with a micro-service architecture based on event sourcing.
The work is done in collaboration with members of other technical teams (data scientists, developers) and with other teams in the company (project managers, functional teams)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of shared libraries and services used by other teams.
- Architecture and design of evolutions or new applications, selection of the best technical solutions based on application requirements, existing architecture, technological environment and operating costs.
- Support and documentation of the developed applications
- Support and maintenance of useful tools for the project life cycle and developer productivity (CI / CD / Guidelines)
- Monitor and manage the operational phase of the application: application deployment, monitoring of operation, problems and performance, continuous improvement, optimization of application performance and costs.
- Support to developers: implementation of training workshops, code reviews
- Technical watch on software improvements for the components used in the applications, including webinars and conferences. This monitoring should lead to recommendations for improving the evolution of the platform.
Education, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Development skills: Senior (minimum 10 years experience)
- Required languages: C# and .NET (Required), Python is a plus
- Development tools: VisualStudio, GIT, TeamCity, Resharper, Octopus
- Messaging: RabbitMQ, Kafka, NetServiceBus
- Databases: PostGreSQL, MongoDB
- Senior Level Operational skills: Docker, Kubernetes (AKS), Event Streaming, Event Sourcing
- Cloud environment and native tools: Azure (Required), AWS (Recommended)
- Experience in blockchain development is a plus.
- English: Fluent in a technical context to work with our international colleagues
- Fixed + Bonuses
- TR / “Family” insurance / CSE
If you are looking for an exciting career in AgTech with a young, dynamic team and global opportunities, join us!
Please send your resume and cover letter with the reference Archi/SST-03/2022.
Job Type: Full-time