Smart Contracts Engineer (FullStack) We are the Vac team, and we are building a communications tool with security, censorship resistance and privacy in mind; Vac, Waku v2 and Ethereum Messaging, Waku
We’re looking for someone who:
- Understands & is embedded in the Ethereum ecosystem
- Has built/developed or audited smart contracts
- Has strong understanding of crypto-economic systems
- Has worked on projects.products with a long view who are serious about security
- Has some hands on experience with a backend language (Rust, Go, etc.) to possibly touch on some Nim
- Perhaps has some exposure to production code.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- A passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology and decentralization.
- Experience with low level/strongly typed languages (C/C++/Go/Rust or Java/C#).
- Experience designing incentive systems and writing/deploying smart contracts in Ethereum.
Perks & benefits!
- Work with some of the most passionate & dedicated minds in the Ethereum space.
- We ask that you’re willing to be paid in a combination of fiat and cryptocurrency.
- We’ll reward you with a competitive base salary.
- We’ll also reward you with SNT (Status Network Tokens) to give you a real stake in the success of the organisation.
- A generous budget (€2000 Euros) to choose whatever laptop you prefer.
- We provide a small allowance (up to €250 Euros per month) for a co-working space.
- Work from wherever you choose. Our contributors are a varied bunch – some work from home, some from a coworking space, some from a local cafe, others are nomads.
- We operate an open vacation policy, meaning there are no hard limits or strict rules around how much holiday you take and how you schedule it.
- We want our contributors to be healthy and take the time they need to relax and enjoy quality disconnected time away from work.
- We offer all contributors a Headspace subscription.
- Each team has a travel budget to attend conferences & team meetups of their choice.
- Once per year the whole organisation gets together to connect (so far we’ve visited Bangkok and Prague).
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.