Salary dependent on experience - £60,000 - £100,000 - with equity UK candidates should have the right to work in the UK, sponsorship is unavailable. UK wide remote available. European remote a
Salary dependent on experience – £60,000 – £100,000 – with equity
UK candidates should have the right to work in the UK, sponsorship is unavailable.
UK wide remote available. European remote available for the right candidate.
We are seeking a Smart Contract Engineer to join Monax as we define a unique position in the market.
You will be shaping a new offering that does not exist in the market yet.
Monax is bridging real-world assets with digital ownership, through an end-to-end property management protocol.
Our vision is to shift the NFT craze into a sustainable movement, where all world assets can be represented on-chain, and with the legal protection required. Combined with an ease of trading, and the endless transactional opportunities that blockchain unlocks.
We believe the time has come for adoption of a digital legal layer to bridge the gap between digital assets and the real world.
Monax was one of the earliest blockchain companies, one of the original proponents of permissioned and proof-of-stake blockchains.
Your core skills matter more than specific knowledge. Currently we use: Typescript (front end and API), Go, Solidity, OpenZeppelin, Postgres, Hyperledger Burrow, React, Kubernetes, Helm.
You will be working closely with the CTO to work on the following tasks:
- The development of our smart contracts and their interactions
- Be a key person for anything related to inter-blockchain interoperability.
- Helping define the architecture of our protocol
- Write thorough test coverage of all smart contract functionality.
- Create deployment scripts and integrations for cross-chain deployments
You’ll have a high level of autonomy within the projects you work on. You will support and challenge the rest of the team to improve the quality of our software and design.
The ideal candidate has:
- 1 + years experience with blockchain and smart contract development.
- Familiarity with Ethereum and Solidity
- A genuine interest in DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web3 in general.
- Knowledge of common smart contract weaknesses, attack vectors, and bugs.
- A general purpose programming language [C#, Java, JS, Python]
Highly desirable, but not required:
- Experience with Rust (particularly WASM or smart contracts)
- Experience with non-Ethereum chains and smart contracts (e.g. Solana, NEAR, substrate)
- Experience with indexing blockchain data and joining with non-blockchain data
- Ideally you’ll have experience in a high growth start-up or scale-up
- Experience working in a remote and distributed team would be great, but it’s not essential
We are very keen to see candidates from a range of backgrounds and experiences. You may not fit exactly every requirement we have. What’s more important is that you have the demonstrable skills and experience we need.
It is important that you are able to engage, and on occasion back yourself in honest and respectful discussions with colleagues. You are able to change your mind about something after consideration. We’d like you to have the ability to change minds too. Self-started and autonomous. Comfortable managing with ambiguity and leveraging the team to move forward.
What can we offer you?
- The chance to lead and shape projects at the cutting edge of blockchain technologies
- Extremely marketable experience in the blockchain and legal tech spaces
- A high level of autonomy, freedom and self direction
- The opportunity to work across the entire stack and mobility between projects
- Remote working to fit the way you live your life. Currently Monax is fully remote. In the long term we expect to have a blended working environment. Split between remote and some time in-office
- The chance to join a fast moving start up at a genuinely exciting time as we scale and move forward to market
- A friendly, positive and truly empathetic working environment
Research shows that women are less likely than men to apply for a role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Our list is not exhaustive and we would love to hear from you even if you feel you are not a 100% match.
Monax provides a legal layer to bridge digital assets and the real world.