Experience from the blockchain industry a plus. Set up automated procedures and systems for disaster prevention and recovery....
We engage in engineering, research and community organizing efforts around the IOTA Tangle – a new generation of DLT specifically designed to be the open and free trust layer for the Internet-of-Things (IoT).
As a Site Reliability Engineer, your mission is to protect and progress the systems and software behind all IOTA Foundation’s infrastructure, services and products. You apply industry best practices to ensure service availability, latency, performance, and capacity. Set up automated procedures and systems for disaster prevention and recovery.
- Continuously improve system observability and system feedback loops to uncover potential problems before they happen
- Design automated disaster-reaction and recovery mechanisms
- Monitor and test system performance, prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Participate in on-call rotation, failure resolution and prevention via automation. Create and share event post-mortems
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and other internal and external IOTA procedures
- Take ownership of the different infrastructure-as-code components that build up our platform, adapting them to the evolution of the given requirements.
- High level of fluency in spoken and written English
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Proven experience with prominent cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Proven experience with advanced metrics collection and monitoring solutions such as Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix and ELK
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and configuration management tools like Ansible or Puppet
- Strong understanding of Linux based systems, security, performance and monitoring requirements
- Experience from the blockchain industry a plus
- Experience with CI/CD platforms, preferably Github actions a plus
- Knowledge of Golang and other production programming languages a plus
- Knowledge of SecOps practices a plus
- Self-driven individual who takes responsibility for projects from their inception
- Ability, desire, and dedication to pick up new platforms or technologies as well as improve in existing ones
- Desire to explore and improve complex and fast-paced distributed solutions in the DLT space
- The opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the industry
- The opportunity to make a true difference
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback
- A flexible and agile organization with a flat hierarchy
- Independence and responsibility from day one
The IOTA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.