About Kraken As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by o
As one of the largest and most trusted
digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read
Kraken Culture Explained
to find out more about us!
About the Role
- You have a strong servant-leadership management style geared towards supporting, mentoring and growing engineers on the team. You care deeply about people, and their success.
- You’re not afraid of hard conversations and are gifted at coaching your colleagues through difficult situations.
- You are strategic and think at a high level, but are also hands-on, execution-oriented, and capable of getting things done quickly.
- You have years of experience as an individual contributor on various teams throughout your career.
- You have a mastery of core computer science fundamentals and a proven track record of shipping high quality software. This allows you to make great high-level technical decisions, help your team through difficult design decisions, and coach your team to grow their careers.
- You have experience leading teams of engineers across all levels of skill and experience with a track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering leadership and engineering talent and growing effective teams.
- You have an ability to translate a long-term vision into a near-term, executable plan.
- An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering experience, primarily focused on backend security, latency, throughput, observability and reliability.
- Experience with distributed tracing, monitoring tools, container orchestration technologies, IaaC tools, cloud infrastructure and datacenter management.
- Hands-on leadership style, working hand-in-hand with your team of SREs, reviewing their low level work while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- 3+ years leading engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience managing remote teams.
- Looking to potentially grow into a director role.
- You are interested about cryptocurrency and open to the potential it has to positively transform our world.
- You are passionate about software engineering, improving processes, and driving change.
- You keep a close watch on modern technologies, programing in Rust is a big plus.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained