About Kraken Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to bec
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 3,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
Kraken is looking for an experienced SRE to join to join our trading technology group.
- Work independently with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure
- Responsible for the operation, support, and security of production infrastructure for Trading Services
- Monitor and support Staging and Production environments
- Manage releases using Hashicorp Nomad
- Implement robust metrics, alerts and monitoring of Trading infrastructure
- Improve Developer Tooling, help with building Docker images, manage our Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating quality testing
- Analyze potential risks of downtime and develop systems that will eliminate the issue
- Support a fully distributed team operating across numerous timezones
- 3+ years in a DevOps role (DevOps, SRE, etc)
- Experience with high performance, low latency distributed systems (particularly financial)
- Experience with Hashicorp Consul, Nomad, Vault and its PKI features
- Experience with monitoring / alerting (primarily with Prometheus / Grafana) and knowledge of best practices in the area
- Experience with Bash, Python, YAML, Configuration and Secret Management
- Experience with distributed systems and technologies – gRPC & Kafka
- Experience configuring Continuous Integration (CI)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems, shell scripting
- Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Experience in logging, monitoring and tracing using Splunk, Cloudwatch and ELK
Nice to haves
- Familiar with FIX protocol
- Experience with Websockets and Real-Time Market Data feeds
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and Helm Charts
- Understanding of digital currency trading market
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-Remote #LI-NT1 #APAC #Canada
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time