About Kraken Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to bec
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America, Asia and EMEA.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken’s Frontend SRE Team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken’s infrastructure. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be keeping one of the fastest growing companies in the world up and available in a 24/7 environment. You will bring your own technical expertise to monitor and support staging and production environments, build tooling, CI/CD pipelines, deployment specs and generally automate internal processes to empower developers and improve team efficiency.
- Monitor and support Staging and Production environments
- Improve Developer Tooling, help with building Docker images, manage our Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating quality testing
- Manage releases using Kubernetes and Nomad
- Implement tooling to keep track of key metrics and generate alerts
- Collaborate with Dev, QA, and Product teams, jump in to support and improve development and release cycle
- Develop tools and bots to improve and automate internal processes
- Support a fully distributed team operating across numerous timezones
- 3+ years experience working in a SRE, DevOps or equivalent experience as a Backend Developer working with Infrastructure
- 1+ years experience with a programming language (NodeJS, Rust, Golang, or Python)
- Extensive experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, and ELK
- Thorough knowledge of Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Nomad
- Ability to configure and maintain different types of proxy services such as Nginx and HAProxy
- Proficient in Git source version-control
- Passion for improving process and products
- Experience configuring Continuous Integration (CI)
- Ability to thrive while working independently and remotely in a team-based environment
- Self-starter, ability to context-switch between various projects, codebases and concepts
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Well-versed in scripting languages, building and administration of Linux
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security implications of development decisions
Nice to haves
- Passion for open-source and contributing back to the community
- Knowledge about Cloudflare Caching, Page Rules and Workers
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault and its PKI features
- Orchestrating deployments and container management with Nomad
- Experience with Kubernetes for Local development tools such as Tilt
- Experience with ReactJS and/or NextJS frameworks
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure
- Experience benchmarking applications and identifying bottlenecks
- Experience with Slack, Jira, Google, and/or Gitlab APIs
- Experience with monitoring / alerting (primarily with Prometheus / Grafana) and knowledge of best practices in the area
- Experience with distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, …)
Location Tagging: #US #EU #APAC #LI-Remote #Canada
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent