ServiceNow Technical Consultant
Introduction IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s strategy is anchored on hybrid cloud and AI, enabling our clients to transform their IT and business services. ServiceNow is integral and a key part of that strategy, providing the critical integration layer, helping our Clients optimise their IT and business workflows and managing their legacy and cloud services.
IBM is one of the largest ServiceNow Global Elite Partners. We are targeting exponential growth with specific strategic partners creating bilateral returns that materially matter and elevate IBM as the relationship of choice for valued client outcomes.
We are seeking a ServiceNow Consultant and Delivery SME to join a fast-growing team of ServiceNow professionals working with our clients across industries, to advise and build solutions to critical business problems.
As a ServiceNow Consultant and Delivery SME you will:
- Operate as a subject matter expert for one or more ServiceNow modules (ITSM, ITOM, CSM)
- Prepare and lead functional design workshops including the creation of design specifications based on ServiceNow out-of-the-box functionality and client requirements
- Qualify client requirements through validation of “needs” versus “wants”
- Providing creative solutions to resolve business problems via customer requirements based on technology, process gaps and cultural challenges
- Communicate technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
- Work with the Pre-Sales and Technical Architecture functions to support, validate and help deliver client presentations, workshops and responses to technical and business enquiries
- Support technical design activities
- Assist with gap analysis highlighting current state, future state, client needs and good practices
- Communicate in formal presentation settings including medium sized groups, internal and external project teams
- Establishes credibility at all levels with clients and builds problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues
- Identify opportunities for improvement within existing service operations and core propositions related to ServiceNow
- Play a key role in the sales cycle by supporting ServiceNow demonstrations, preparing presentations to clients, and providing support for bid teams across industries
- Assist with the development and extension of ServiceNow based offerings and proposals and across all products (ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, HRSD, Customer Service, Security, Application Development)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- This is a direct client-facing role requiring primary interaction with client architects, client technical resources, and client process owners
- Experience in providing creative solutions to business problems and working with ServiceNow, IT Service Management (ITIL) processes, metrics and key performance indicators
- Ability to produce documentation on various levels including technical and customer facing
- Experience working in a client-facing consulting or service delivery role within the IT services industry, and have had involved the development of ServiceNow solutions
- Expertise in crafting ServiceNow service solutions that integrate with client service structures and operating models
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentations skills together with the ability to deliver customer presentations at a senior level
- Understand ITIL and architecture frameworks/methods
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator and have at least one Implementation Specialist Certification
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodologies
ServiceNow Platform Implementation certified
ServiceNow ITSM Professional certified (CIS-ITSM)
- Experience as a ServiceNow Solution/Technical Consultant including implementing the ServiceNow Platform .
- Experience in multiple end-to-end ServiceNow implementations across all modules – TSM Pro, ITSM Pro, ITOM Pro, SAM Pro, HAM Pro, ITBM Pro.
- Strong working in an Agile/DevOps environment in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, automated testing, Agile metrics Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Strong understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST,FTP , Cloud.
- Mandatory CSA + 2 or more CIS ServiceNow Certificationsa
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong analysis and design skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- ITIL certification
- Understanding of common business analysis techniques and approaches; and
- Experience of working alongside business analysts to define a solution.
ServiceNow Service Provider Implementer (CIS-SP)
ServiceNow Service Portal Fundamentals
ServiceNow Knowledge Management Fundamental
ServiceNow CMDB Fundamentals
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.