Who we are Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today's financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we're h
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in – commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals – starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As Service Center Engineer you are part of Service Center that provides 24/7 support and is organised in a decentralised way spread across Europe. You will perform 24/7 monitoring and coordinate and fulfil Service Requests and Incidents in the company. Additionally you support the implementation of a service based operating model that optimises cloud capabilities. Agile thinking is the baseline for consistent service improvements. The reduction of incidents, downtimes and degradations is a key element in striving for operational excellence. You enhance the business-critical service reliability through initiatives addressing technical, procedural, cultural, and organisational improvements.
What you’ll do
- You will work in a shift model to provide 24×7 support for Bitpanda
- You act as SPOC for incident and service requests for Bitpanda organisation and its Whitelabel Partners
- Complete monitoring of a service environment
- Coordinate resolution on major incidents and lead task forces to mitigate any production impact
- First-line support of the service landscape and cloud infrastructure
- Responsible for assisting in maintenance activities
- Coordinate problem tracking and resolution across our service catalogue.
- Monitoring alarms-analyze, fix, dispatch.
- Reporting systems performance metrics.
- Coordinate with third party hosting technical personnel.
- Work closely with all technical service teams to implement strategies that will increase reliability, availability, and uptime for services.
- Measure and improve the end-to-end performance of the assigned services against agreed Service Level Agreements and business targets
Who you are
- You have a MSc or BSc in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a similar relevant field
- Hands-on personality, self-driven, somebody who likes to be involved rather sitting on the sidelines
- You have the ability to coordinate resources efficiently
- You are highly collaborative and communicate effectively
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: Java 11+ , Golang, Python, PHP
- Frontend: VueJS, Angular, Typescript
- Mobile: Swift (iOS) and Kotlin (Android)
- Others: Kafka, AWS, Kubernetes, MySQL, Groovy, Django, NGINX
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events – both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
- These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.