Introduction A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technolog
A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures we continue to deliver on that promise. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, you’ll love your career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for a highly motivated individual who is multi-talented and self-driven to work at our data center in Paris and suburb.
- Rack, build, cable, configure, and provision Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) servers
- Deploy Cisco Layer 2 networking equipment
- Troubleshoot, test, quality assurance of server hardware
- Professionally resolve hardware issues via trouble ticket
- Create tickets within the ticketing system to address problems, incidents and changes of hardware
- Provide accurate and detailed logs within the ticketing and messaging systems for callouts and system alerts, as well as for communication and escalation steps taken to ensure prompt resolution of supported equipment and processes
- Install, test, and label cable and fiber using standard data center protocols and using cable management systems
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Operating System Installation – Windows Server, Linux, Unix
- Rack, cable, and deploy Cisco Layer 2 networking equipment a plus
- Web Server and Database installation experience a plus
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of French
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and work in a fast pace environment
If you are seeking a challenge, apply today. On the job training is available. Shifts include day/evening/overnight
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM souhaite que vous vous investissiez pleinement dans votre travail, ce qui peut signifier pour vous la possibilité de travailler de manière flexible. Si vous êtes intéressé par un modèle de travail flexible, veuillez vous adresser à notre équipe de recrutement pour savoir si cela est possible dans l’environnement de travail actuel.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.