Senior Technology Manager
Europe is experiencing exciting and challenging times. Digital tools and technologies are ever-more shaping our daily lives and transforming different sectors. The European DIGITAL SME Alliance is tas
Europe is experiencing exciting and challenging times. Digital tools and technologies are ever-more shaping our daily lives and transforming different sectors. The European DIGITAL SME Alliance is tasked to represent and support the main driver of such changes in Europe – small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the ICT sector. Representing over 45,000 SMEs through its national and regional member associations, DIGITAL SME is Europe’s first and largest ICT SME association. Along with the rapid acceleration of Europe’s digital transformation, the Alliance is growing and in need of a highly motivated and Senior Technology Manager to strengthen our Brussels-based team!
Your role and Responsibilities:
As our Senior Technology Manager, you will coordinate the organisation’s efforts in Standardisation activities in different digital domains (Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Smart Communities, etc.) and lead our standardisation team. As our Senior Technology Manager, you will play a key role in shaping the synergies between the association’s policy and advocacy activities.
As a successful candidate, you will be a self-driven, experienced professional, with a keen interest in digital policies. You should be willing to take initiative and able to handle a wide variety of tasks, such as:
- Provide clear policy recommendations with the involvement of the association’s members on regulatory issues with a technological dimension (such as cybersecurity, data, blockchain, etc.);
- Identify areas for standardisation development related to DIGITAL SME’s strategic policy priorities;
- Carry out lobbying and advocacy activities on relevant issues;
- Oversee and lead the work of technical experts, translating the outputs to policy priorities;
- Formulate policy recommendations and represent DIGITAL SME at external bodies such as CEN, CENELEC, ETSI and ISO/IEC;
- Promote and represent DIGITAL SME through public events, working groups, contact with the EU Institutions;
- Supervise a small internal team on standardisation matters;
- Coordinate the association’s standardisation work in EU funded projects;
- Contribute to internal teamwork and engage the association’s members and network as necessary.
- University education, preferably in a Business, Policy or Technical related discipline;
- Knowledge of standardisation and of functioning of standardisation bodies;
- Knowledge of EU Institutions’ functioning;
- Knowledge of policy on digital-related topics;
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills, including the ability to adapt style and content to a different audience; good presentation skills are an asset;
- Keen interest in technology;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other EU languages are an asset;
- Comfortable with working on a rapidly changing and dynamic environment;
- Capable of working towards results with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management;
- Able to work independently and under pressure;
- Creative thinker able to propose solutions;
- Sense of humour!
- Legally eligible to work in Belgium.
- Experience (or interest) in EU funded projects
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and outreach;
- Experience organising events;
- Experience coordinating working groups;
- Experience in a membership based organisation
As a Senior Technology Manager you will be part of a dynamic and growing international team. The office is located at the heart of the EU district in Brussels, easily accessible by public transport. Since the pandemic, we have established a hybrid work model, where the team works partly from the office, partly remotely. Flexible working hours are also part of the deal – the Alliance’s organisational culture is result- rather than control-driven.
We offer a full-time, permanent contract and a competitive salary package in line with your skills and level of experience.
Short missions abroad within the EU may be required as part of the role.
The European DIGITAL SME Alliance is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion of people from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply!
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: “VACANCY/STM23”, including the following documents and information:
- CV (Europass template)
- Cover letter (one page maximum)
- Desired net salary/month
- Earliest date of availability to start the job
- Names and contact details of two references (will not be contacted before having the agreement of the candidate)
Deadline for applications: 28th May 2023
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Only applications including all the above-mentioned documents and information will be considered. Please read this vacancy notice carefully and only apply if you fulfill the key requirements! In your cover letter, please focus on your technical and professional experience as it relates to this vacancy, in addition to your motivation and interest for the Alliance’s work. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent contract
Salary: €3,000.00 – €4,500.00 per month
- Commuter assistance
- Hospitalization insurance
- Retirement plan
- Work from home
- Flexible hours
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Vacation money
- Yearly bonus
- Are you legally eligible to work in Belgium?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in 1000 Brussels
Application Deadline: 28/05/2023