Our mission is to enable people to trust each other at scale. Social media has changed our society in a deeper way than most people realize. For most of our history, we formed communities around share
Our mission is to enable people to trust each other at scale.
Social media has changed our society in a deeper way than most people realize. For most of our history, we formed communities around shared locations, but this has been changing rapidly with technologies such as the internet and – especially – social media. Today we are forming communities around shared ideas more than ever.
This is a structural change, so it affects every aspect of society. Including our model of trust. Who we trust has always been determined by communities, but online communities are larger and create more information. Our brains are not able to handle this scale. This is partly the reason why it suddenly feels like the social fabric is getting torn apart.
We need to find a new model of trust. It is not only about fixing what is broken. It is also an opportunity to create a more innovative society with faster scientific progress and equal access to opportunities.
We intend to do that by indexing the social graph of humanity and making it available to build on to anyone. We started by indexing Twitter, but soon will also index podcasts, research papers, other social media platforms (e.g., Reddit, Github), etc., and combine them together.
This is possible because we invented a community search algorithm that can accurately map communities from a single word input, such as ‘bitcoin’, ‘vegan’, or ‘tennis’. This approach works on existing social graphs.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who can shape our algorithm roadmap and our current main interface – hive.one – to serve the needs of our users.
Our product is a number, and our algorithm enables us to describe groups of people mathematically. There are many ways to translate the algorithm’s output into metrics that provide our users with actionable insights. The challenge is understanding which scores can serve the user base at scale.
Humans perceive their communities through intuition, not through abstract numbers. So, your role will entail making sure that the product we build successfully manages that. For this, you will work directly with our data scientists and our hive.one product team, which will need to weigh in and incorporate the priorities identified by you in the hive product roadmap.
You will be successful when our algorithm accurately represents the real-world phenomenons our users are trying to capture, and our scores provide the insights they seek in an intuitive fashion. Your work will directly impact the design of our algorithm.
You will directly report to the CEO and CTO.
- Work side-by-side with our algorithm team to design hypotheses and execute experiments on changes in our algorithm design.
- Work side-by-side with our dev team to design hypotheses and execute experiments on changes in our interface design.
- Gather meaningful user feedback through analytics and individual stakeholder interviews.
- Create and continuously improve initiatives to improve our algorithm’s accuracy.
- Work side-by-side with the Executive to ideate and formalize concepts for new algorithm features and how to serve them via our API.
- Work cross-functionally by translating our user problems into specific roadmap items and incorporating them in the overall product roadmap in collaboration with the product team.
- Create and continuously improve the process for developer hand-off with the help of the Product Management team.
- 4+ years of work experience in Product Management with a focus on digital tech products.
- 1+ work experience in a role leading highly technical teams.
- Demonstrable understanding of what makes machine learning-driven products suitable.
- You have a track record of creating exceptional data-driven digital products, and you can showcase at least two or three real-world projects to back up this claim.
- You know how to navigate the product development lifecycle and which metrics are necessary to interpret its success.
- You have a solid technical background, ideally in data science.
- You have experience running interviews and building relationships with users.
- A solid understanding of user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, and testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant).
- Experience working with international, remote-based teams across multiple time zones.
- The data-driven approach in making and justifying decisions.
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Outstanding communication and the ability to partner with cross-functional teams.
Great to Have
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python, R, and Matlab.
- Interest in graph theory, complex networks, psychology, or economics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar field.
- You have a proven track record of understanding and discussing technical concepts with cross-functional teams.
We’re a fully remote team, working from all parts of the world. This includes a flexible asynchronous policy that allows you to work whenever you work best, minimal meetings, and bi-annual team meetups. Depending on your location and setup, you can join us as a full-time contractor, or we can employ you in your country and take care of benefits, such as health insurance and retirement plans. If you are in Berlin, you can work from our Berlin office in Mitte.
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes – that’s okay – we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
We don’t care about what you did before or what acronyms you can put in front of your name. The only thing that really matters is whether you can solve problems. That’s why the process for this role differs from what you may have encountered before.
Step 1: Please apply through our job board. https://apply.workable.com/borg/j/3DE4043C37/apply/
Please take your time – Our questions in the application form are intentionally hard. We know that you can’t fully solve the problems presented in the form – the goal is to see how you approach solving them. We want to know how you think.
Step 2: Video interviews. If your application is shortlisted, you will have one or two 45-minute meetings with one of our Product Managers, our CEO and CTO. These interview will take a deep dive into your skills and experience and allow you to ask any questions about the role.
Step 3: Paid trial project. We will ask you to work on a specific project along with our team. The idea here is for you and us to experience what it is like to work with each other.
Step 4: Final video interview.
Art der Stelle: Vollzeit, Festanstellung
Gehalt: 50.000,00€ – 70.000,00€ pro Jahr
- Montag bis Freitag
- Keine Deutschkenntnisse erforderlich
- Flexible Arbeitszeiten
Voraussichtliches Einstiegsdatum: 15.09.2022