The Dock’s Technology and Engineering team focuses on the Full Stack Engineering Solutions required to incubate new assets and products – responsive UIs, micro…...
Title: Senior Technical Architect
About The Dock:
The Dock is Accenture’s flagship global innovation centre and research and development hub, based in Grand Canal Dock in Dublin 2. The Dock’s Technology and Engineering team focuses on the Full Stack Engineering Solutions required to incubate new assets and products – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers – solving problems using Software Engineering, Applied Intelligence, Computer Vision, Cloud Native Design, Data Engineering and Cyber-Security.
Working in tandem with Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and Design pillars and practices, we operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum with a remit to build the future in real-time.
We are open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture combined with a disruptive brief and the ability to deal with uncertainty empowers us to break future ground and build high quality assets and services.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Architect to join our Technology & Engineering practice within the Dock’s New Products and Services organisation. You will be part of the large innovation-focussed Technology & Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects, prototypes and proofs of concept.
We are looking for a leader within our organisation, with proven experience in shaping and defining innovative technology solutions, inspiring and leading our people and solving challenging problems across multiple industries. We need someone who can create ideas, and help carry them through to implementation, ensuring that they are scalable, fit for purpose, commercially viable and aligned with our clients’ needs.
As a Technology Architect you will:
- Be a leader within the Technology & Engineering practice of The Dock, responsible for inspiring and growing our people providing guidance, coaching and motivation to improve.
- Work on ill-defined problems with unknown solutions across many industries using experimentation and validation-based approaches to reach an outcome.
- Collaborate with team members from multiple disciplines, including Designers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Clients and Business Stakeholders to help identify key areas for innovation, define and refine the challenge statement and propose solution hypotheses.
- Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
- Take responsibility for designing and crafting technical solution hypotheses and the architectures that will underpin these.
- Help with aligning potential solutions with problem requirements, from ideation right through to implementation and planning for large-scale adoption.
- Identify and interact with stakeholders to make sure their needs are being met.
- Identify, mitigate and manage risks associated with the projects and programmes you work on.
- Understand and plan for evolutionary paths and ensure the end to end solution is correct for downstream deployment, scaling and operation.
- Provide expert advice regarding application and technical aspects of product development and integration.
- Work across multiple project areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency.
- Work within innovation teams to define, create and maintain best practices and technical roadmaps.
- Participate in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by attending progress updates, bi-weekly calls/meetings.
- Work with other architects to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and components.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products, assets and accelerators.
- Document key technical decisions, implementations, approaches, mechanisms.
- Identify and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs.
- Work with other technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions and workshops.
- Transfer knowledge and ownership of incubated assets to other internal multi-functional teams.
Your everyday abilities:
- Ability and experience to architect complex “green field” and “brown field” solutions.
- Capable of leading the design, development and delivery of a scalable project, rapid innovation solution and leading a client technology/business/innovation consultation.
- Strong independent logical thinking and broad technical experience on designing UX, functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application integration.
- Ability to lead best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
- You are someone who understands the perspectives of full-stack engineering, data scientists, DevOps and be able to use, choose or create the right technology and approach rather than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
- At ease in discussing innovation and technology solutioning with clients, focusing on their business problems and being able to qualify and quantify the associated value.
- Highly collaborative, enthusiastic in achieving results, open, and creative with a deep interest in new and emerging technologies.
- You give back by owning/leading initiatives within the Technology & Engineering team to help foster engagement, continuous learning/improvement, strong community and an open culture.
- Support projects and lead to evolve the trajectory of tasks to be value-driven, based on newly available data and critical evaluation.
- Have a people orientated approach to work particularly when engaging with co-workers. Be a team player as well as a leader, with a keen interest on developing those around you.
- Be unafraid to find the issues but be unremittingly positive in coming up with creative solutions for difficult challenges.
- Be technically excellent and have the skills to present to senior client executives and external audiences, facilitate working sessions and partner with client teams to craft pioneering engagements.
- Ability to be a capability mentor to share your specialisms and best practices.
- Possess a strong, detailed understanding of the modern technology stack (including Cloud, Containers & ML), working in an agile technical team providing advanced engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards
Extras we’d love to see:
- Experience of building on top of one of the main public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Cloud Native Design and integrating cloud services directly into complex solutions
- Knowledge of modern data pipelines and Big Data processing techniques including AI model development pipelines
- An understanding of cloud security best practices
- Hands on experience with DevOps tools and techniques including CI/CD pipelines
- Up to 6+ years of experience leading an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
- 10+ years of experience as an engineer or technology architect designing and implementing complex web applications, enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
- Experience in development and design techniques and working in areas of emerging technology (Cloud, AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain, Immersive Realities) and driving new points of view and capabilities
- Proven expertise in creating solutions and accurately estimating project effort and costs (particularly for agile deliveries)
- Expertise in applying technology to solve business problems and in articulating technical concepts and analysis to non-technical business leaders
- Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team
- Proven experience in project and program management and in managing senior stakeholders
- B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or with relevant professional experience, is required.
- MBA or Business/Project Management related qualifications are also desirable
Working at Accenture means joining a company that prides itself on being Truly Human. In addition to a competitive base salary, you’ll also have an extensive benefits package that includes
- Private health insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Emergency caring facilities
- 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
This role sits within the Technology and Engineering capability of The Dock’s New Products & Services team. The Dock is where Accenture, our clients and partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology. As part of NPS, you’ll be joining a group that takes pride in being the best place for Accenture and our clients to ideate and incubate new products and services.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com