Having an interest in cryptocurrencies and wishing to work with blockchain technology is a real plus. Backend services are necessary to bridge Ledger Live with…...
Ledger – a technology leader in digital asset and crypto-security solutions – is looking for a Lead Software Engineer. You will be responsible for developing and scaling a strong backend team to support the development of our consumer products.
We develop hardware wallets, a physical key to keep your crypto assets safe – Ledger Live is the central software we deliver to our users to manage it and track their cryptocurrency portfolio.
Backend services are necessary to bridge Ledger Live with blockchains and various services and 3rd parties to offer a unified experience. Ledger Live is a community driven product with 200k+ monthly users. Backend services can handle large scale load (up to several thousands requests per seconds).
Our engineers interact on a daily basis with hardware, security, crypto, product, and frontend teams to build the best new generation products.
We are looking for talents to build solid and scalable backend capabilities to support these services.
- Build highly available, scalable, consistent and performant services to power Ledger’s products
- Manage, grow, lead, mentor a highly skilled technical team (~5 team members)
- Bring in your technical expertise to lead and design innovative technical solutions to ever-changing cryptocurrencies challenges
- Work closely with the Product team to define and understand end-user requirements, and translate them into pragmatic technical solutions
- Work with other technical teams: Firmware, Infra & Ops, Ledger Live,QA and ensure smooth integrations with cryptographic modules (HSM), blockchain interfaces…
- Conduct benchmarks to identify bottlenecks and optimize the overall performance of our services
- Deliver high quality piece of software (Test it, Document it, Demonstrate it)Design monitoring systems to detect unexpected failures / behavior
- Use CI / CD to deploy and secure workflows
- 8+ years of experience in backend robust development
- 3+ years of experience in managing/leading technical teamsEager to learn, teach, mentor, grow a tech team
- Scala, Haskell or functional programming experience is a nice to have – current stack is based on Scala
- Database knowledge: SQL / NoSQL
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment solutions
- Knowledge of Containerization and Cloud deployments
- Having an interest in cryptocurrencies and wishing to work with blockchain technology is a real plus
- Enthusiastic about teamwork, learning and teaching (meet-ups, hackathons, training …)
- Competitive compensation package and ESOP according to the Company policy
- Strong focus on personal development, including internal and external training, and attendance to conferencesInternal talks, technical meetups, and Hackathons
- High performance equipment for your work5 weeks of paid vacation + 10 days of RTT
- Flexible working hours, remote-friendly environment
- Comprehensive health insurance with medical, dental, and vision coverageMeal Vouchers with Swile
- Reimbursement for sports and cultural activitiesAnnual company outing for Ledgerdary Days; plus infrequent parties, snacks and drinks
- Employee discount on Ledger products
Ledger guarantees equity for all during the recruitment process, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age