Job Description: Senior Systems Analyst Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital ass
Senior Systems Analyst
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
As a Senior System Analyst, you will lead the requirements’ gathering of new features and/or enhancements for our suite of applications managed by the Fidelity Digital Assets Product team. You will collaborate with the technology and business teams to deliver high quality solutions for business problems, bringing curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of new features/enhancements to the platform. You will contribute to enhancing systems analysis/product owner practices across our global team. This is a highly visible, challenging and rewarding position in a supportive, fast-paced environment.
You will independently perform a full range of responsibilities including analyzing diverse problems and determining solutions and understanding and applying industry best practices. You will also act as a project lead when required, serving the team by supplying technical direction and guidance as required.
Our team is responsible for building modern user interfaces and driving superior customer experiences. This team partners with product and UX design teams to build the best user interfaces for both our internal and client facing applications. Our applications consume APIs and services built by platform teams within Fidelity Digital Assets, partnering with these teams is essential for delivering quality solutions for our customers.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Mathematics or Finance related field
- Demonstrated experience researching, optimizing, data analysis and authoring solution requirements, user stories, and specifications for moderate to complex software systems
- Demonstrated experience performing project scope planning and systems analysis, and creating technical system documentation, according to Agile methodologies for requirements elicitation, design, development, QA, and production rollout of high-scale secure customer-facing applications
- Deep understanding and experience with the latest software architecture patterns, especially those used when creating multi-tiered web application.
- Experience analyzing and designing customer centric web/cloud-based applications
- Experience with programming languages, ideally Web UI languages such as Angular
- Strong Experience with, SOAP, JSON, working REST based APIs and familiarity with AWS Cloud.
- Ability to visualize and communicate complex data models and data analytics spanning different teams allowing for well managed cross team collaboration
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and facilitation skills. You are a strong contributor with a collaborative work style
- Proven ability to establish and maintain trusted relationships with business partners and technology
- Comfortable with having trade off conversations with business partners
The Skills You Bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and technical team members across the organization
- Experience in defining clear and concise requirements for and providing support for portfolio management, trading and/or research applications
- Ability to navigate and understand complex multitier applications, including cloud-based applications
- Ability to read/analyze code for analysis purposes
- Experience with coordinating and running User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, along with developing and managing content to support end-user training.
- Experience in financial services industry necessary. Digital assets/Crypto expertise from a business and/or technology perspective is a plus
- Mentoring junior systems analysts when opportunities arise
- Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members, contribute to the team ethos
The Value You Deliver
- Ensuring the technology team is building the right software solutions and components to improve customer experience
- Facilitating flow of requirements from the business to the technology team
- Reducing requirements and design risk and resulting costs associated with rework and redesign
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up to date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
Why Fidelity Digital Assets?
Fidelity Digital Assets embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of 130+ forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
Learn more at https://fidelitydigitalassets.com.
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. Fidelity Digital Assets leverages the operational and technical expertise of the broader Fidelity organization with the unique capabilities of blockchain technology to deliver a completely new offering for institutional investors. Fidelity is one of the world’s largest and most diversified financial services providers with more than $7 trillion in client assets under administration.
We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1,000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1,300 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com.