If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems, having an impact on a fast-paced remotely managed engineering team and like being surrounded by inspiring coworkers, then keep reading! We bring to
If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems, having an impact on a fast-paced remotely managed engineering team and like being surrounded by inspiring coworkers, then keep reading!
We bring to life fast, permissionless, decentralized computation. The Nillion team are looking for talented software engineers to build a new paradigm in decentralized computing with the aim of redefining network computation on private data.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Nillion you will help turn incredibly groundbreaking research into commercially viable and reliable products. This lead engineer will play a key role in the design, architecture, development/configuration, unit testing, installation, and ongoing maintenance of the Nillion network.
We work in an environment where tangibility and flexibility are key attributes that help us innovate. Our engineering team embodies those qualities, bringing clarity and direction to help move new ideas forward. If you enjoy keeping up to speed on current technological trends, and have an interest in crypto and security – get in touch!
We are a remote-first organization looking to build an engineering team primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required.
- A demonstrated experience (8+ years) of hiring and building out a top notch software development team in a distributed systems, blockchain, or other environment at scale
- Proven ability to communicate very complex technical concepts clearly and effectively
- A solid working understanding of Cloud native environments and platforms (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Grasp of large scale software architectures including but not limited to data storage, batch processing, analytics and system metrics
- Solid working knowledge of multiple software development platforms and ability to very quickly learn and integrate new ones where appropriate
- Provide technical expertise and advice on production environments and information security, including developing knowledge and experience of more junior team members
- Ability to empower multiple teams across the organization to achieve a high level of productivity and technical quality
- Identify and develop research into future concepts for distributed computing and distributed cryptography systems.
- Proven ability to rapidly interpret technical, mathematical and business requirements and understand complex trade-offs in drawing conclusions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to work across a broad spectrum of technical and project domains, understanding and shaping both the “big picture” and technical details.
- Proven ability to engage and work with other technical experts and incorporate their input and feedback into broader technical solutions.
- Proven experience (3+ years) of working in a security role, focused on implementing and testing distributed systems to secure real-time computing, high availability networks and systems.
- Experience working in an agile software development organization
- Strong platform or customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems at scale
- 8+ years of relevant job experience
Nice to Have
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of domain specific languages and compilers
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of distributed cryptographic principles and protocols (e.g. ZKP or SMPC)
- Qualified to at least an MSc degree in mathematics, computer science, cyber security, cryptography or a related field. A PhD or Postdoc in any of the related fields is a bonus
- Experience designing and developing projects in one or more of the existing Blockchain Technologies – Hyperledger Fabric, Solana, PolkaDot or Ethereum
- Experience in financial markets / software
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency markets, ecosystem and ethos
We expect technical members of the Nillion team to have or be the following:
- Comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability find and integrate knowledge quickly
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work independently and with a bias towards action
- Be incredibly technically curious about how things work or how to do things a better way
- Good at providing valuable feedback on architecture or code reviews with team members
- Ability to work with a cross-functional and globally distributed team
- Good at coaching and being coached
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Great at providing simple and extensible abstractions to complex systems
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team
- Competitive Salary and Token Compensation; acquire Nll tokens as part of your bonus
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field
- Learn from systems engineering, cryptography, and finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! We are fully remote, but value regular meet-ups.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit and you’d like to find out more, hit apply below and submit your CV! If you don’t have a CV to hand, you can always download your LinkedIn profile and use that (click “More…” on your LinkedIn profile then “Save to PDF” ).
Nillion is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.