Company Description Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardwar
The Dublin office houses many operations teams at Block. As our business continues to experience growth, sustainably scaling our operations is key to Block’s strategy for expansion. As a software engineer on the Justice Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the day to day experience of teams who are focused on keeping Block safe. You will also be able to help with problem spaces outside the team as they arise. In this role you will be responsible for designing, communicating, and implementing solutions to the problems faced by operations teams within Block while collaborating with engineering across the globe. We are looking for software engineers who feel comfortable in all parts of the stack to join our Dublin office.
- Collaborate with engineering teams across Block
- Design full-stack tools and services
- Improve the ability to access data in order to help keep Block safe
- Build incrementally and deploy daily
- Work with remote team members in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Be proficient in Ruby or Java for development (we use both).
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
- An ability to uphold a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in computer science or equivalent work experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.