Experience with Machine Learning and emerging technologies like blockchain. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or…...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing, building, and debugging distributed systems.
- Experience building backend distributed systems and handling large scale data.
- Experience handling financial data at scale.
- Experience with Machine Learning and emerging technologies like blockchain.
About the job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google Works is a sub-product area within Corporate Engineering. Our mission is to build innovative products that inspire and enable Googlers to be successful every day. The Finance Works team is at the center of setting the Fintech strategy and executing against it for Google and Alphabet Finance. The team serves as the technology and engineering development partners to Alphabet and Google’s Finance leadership team including the CFO – driving key technology transformations and investments. Our focus is to delight our Finance users by building innovative products that inspire and enable Googlers to be successful every day.
- Lead a team of Engineers and Program Managers, and define and lead execution of the multiyear roadmap for the finance data.
- Help provide not just a one stop solution for product area level reporting and forecast needs, but also to enhance what is possible with machine learning and emerging technologies in this area.
- Work closely with the cross product area engineering leadership of our partner teams to create alignment and establish long-term collaborative efforts furthering the Finace data vision.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.