Our Purpose We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and n
for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer | Blockchain
Mastercard is looking for brilliant, passionate, and innovative engineers to join Mastercard’s Dublin Research and Technology team as part of our global Blockchain & Digital Asset team.
In this role, you will be a crucial member of a highly agile team of technology enthusiasts. You will be part of a team playing a critical role in building exciting and innovative products and taking them to scale globally.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, mining innovation internally, innovating new product lines with emerging technology, managing new products from inception to market validation, and engaging strategically with start-ups to shape the future of commerce with and for our customers. At Mastercard Blockchain & Digital Asset, you will help define the future of commerce globally.
- This team will have a diverse focus both in terms of geography and variety of technology
challenges driving hard to bring innovative payment solutions to market.
- Love coding? Have a track record of designing and building robust, flexible, scalable backend
- Enjoy a fast-paced, start-up culture?
- Have a strong desire to deliver world-class solutions?
- Design, build and launch robust, flexible, scalable enterprise solutions
- Ensure all services can be readily published as APIs on the Mastercard platform
- Keep up to date on technology trends and assess relevance in the payments space
- Must be solutions-oriented – ultimately find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address
the requirement on time.
- Experience in Agile development.
- High paced environment for learning & growing
All About You
- Excellent software development skills
- proficient in distributed computing
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required. Strong understanding of Object-oriented design and programming in Java, Spring (preferably Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
- Worked with multiple databases (relational, no-SQL, etc.), e.g., Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, Hadoop, Elastic
- Experience implementing APIs and SDKs
- Experience with Swagger and familiarity with Docker an advantage
- Working knowledge of security protocols and encryption
- Understanding of Blockchain technology preferred but not required
- Knowledge of payment protocols an advantage
- High paced learning environment with support from senior members of the technical team
- Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks, and tools, support multiple concurrent activities, and interface with external/internal resources, working as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed project team.
– Strong communication skills – verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills, and organizational skills.
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.