Our Purpose We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and n
for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer, Back-end, Crypto-1
CipherTrace is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
Location: Remote, Dublin, Ireland or South San Francisco Bay, California
The CipherTrace Data Engineer will:
- Build the next generation cryptocurrency tools, law enforcement tools and DeFi platforms.
- Debug and perform quality testing on the Blockchain cryptocurrency tools.
- Design and build support for multiple chains and currencies.
- Monitor and improve API and database performance.
- Co-design software APIs with front-end developers to access cryptocurrency feeds.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- Proficient in cryptography concepts.
- SQL/noSQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, GraphQL.
- NodeJS and asynchronous programming techniques.
- Deep knowledge on cryptographic primitives, protocols, and blockchain technologies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, smart contracts (Solidity and Cairo), applied cryptography and layer-2 networks.
- Stream processing pipelines and tools, such as Restful APIs, Pub/Sub, Redis, Kafka.
- Deep understanding of how Bitcoin and Ethereum works.
- Deep understanding of routing nodes, staking infrastructure, and novel systems to manage liquidity.
- Deploying code with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Blockchain technologies, DeFi, law enforcement software, or cryptocurrencies.
- Comfortable working with distributed and remote teams.
Nice to have
- Strong English communication skills (both spoken and written).
- Knowledge and experience with Hardware Security Models.
- Knowledge of or experience applying machine learning models.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, bonuses, medical, dental and vision – which cover domestic partners as well – plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K matching plan.
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.