BitMEX is the world's leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innov
BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
This is a very crucial role where the engineer would be a part of our global development team, and work with the team on re-architecture, design and development from the ground up for building an Order Management and Execution System, Smart order router, and Algorithmic Development for our Brokerage and Market Making business. This would be a full front to back system for Digital and Crypto assets including coins, nfts, smart contracts and defi.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop exchange/client connectivity components to sit on the trading bus.
- Provide components for Market Data, Private Data feeds, and Order and Executions
- Work closely with DevOps and Operations to provide stack and performance monitoring
- Build, enhance and maintain connectivity options for clients including FIX, REST and WebSockets.
- Liaise with the group-wide API standard to ensure we provide a consistent experience for clients connecting to services across 100x.
- Work on building automated trading algorithms for trading digital and crypto assets, and work on building smart order router
- Low latency programming expertise in Java, with ability to do performance tuning
- Experience in building Algorithmic trading systems
- Design skills for building systems from ground up for order management and execution
- Strong understanding of threading models, JVM memory management and optimization.
- Experience integrating with REST and Websocket APIs.
- Experience developing distributed components which communicate over middleware solutions such as NATS, Kafka, TibCo and Solace.
- Following TDD/BDD methodologies and clean coding practices.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Comfortable working with developer tools such as GIT, Jira and Confluence.
- Familiar with automated build, test and deployment pipelines (e.g. GitLab or Jenkins).
- Strong problem-solving skills and a confident communicator.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably to tight schedules.
- Good understanding of cloud and kubernetes
- Experience of running scalable applications in Cloud (AWS) environments
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.