Introduction IBM Automation Software is looking for experienced Software Developers to join us in Europe, Brazil or Mexico. In this role, you will bring contributions to the OSS upstream KIE
IBM Automation Software is looking for experienced Software Developers to join us in Europe, Brazil or Mexico.
In this role, you will bring contributions to the OSS upstream KIE community projects and collaborate internally with other IBM Business Automation Engineering teams to help guide new features, use cases, and integrations, participating in upstream definition of feature requirements and their implementation. You will act as an experienced member of a geographically distributed team, using multiple communication tools for close collaboration. You’ll need to have passion for modern open source development methods, a strong interest in Automation, Cloud and AI, and a desire to apply broad software engineering skills to the best Process Automation technologies. Successful applicants must reside in a state where IBM is registered to do business.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and development of core features of KIE community projects related to Process Automation Management, and especially: jBPM, BPMN, Workflow, KIE Tools.
- Become an upstream contributor to those KIE community projects
- Work across functional teams in IBM Automation Software, utilizing a broad skill set to resolve IBM Automation Software dependency and layered product integration & user experience issues
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills within the full stack and across various technologies and form factors.
- Develop and maintain future generation of Process Automation Manager features.
- Contribute to the delivery of IBM Business Automation platform release cadence.
- Participate in upstream and internal continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Maintain a deep customer base through excellent customer service (esp. when issues are escalated into engineering).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of software development experience in the area of Process and/or Decision Automation.
- Proven solid experience in Java development.
- Proven advanced experience in one of the following areas and experience of 2 others : process automation design-time and/or run-time technology, jBPM, BPMN, business process & task management environment development, life-cycle & governance tooling development.
- Experience in compilation technologies, container technologies & tools, REST API, application development on Cloud Platforms, Micro Services, DevOps (Continuous Integration).
- Focus on test-driven development and good knowledge of unit testing frameworks and methodologies.
- Ability to be highly effective as a remote employee on a distributed team and contribute to an inclusive, open, and collaborative workplace.
- Proven communication skills in English with written publications evidence.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion for open source software development.
- Experience of AI technologies and applications.
- Solid experience in C++ or Python or Java Script or others.
- Proven experience of very effective collaboration in a global team environment.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.