As a Senior Engineer in Marco Polo Network Engineering, you take responsibility for the excellent quality of your own work and aid the Technical Team Leader with the mentorship and overall quality out
As a Senior Engineer in Marco Polo Network Engineering, you take responsibility for the excellent quality of your own work and aid the Technical Team Leader with the mentorship and overall quality output of the whole team. You will deliver excellent individual work consistently and look to be challenged by the work being provided. You will work with the Team Leader, Scrum Master and Product Owner to ensure we have clarity about our requirements, validity of proposed solutions and realistic commitments in terms of delivery timelines. You will be expected to contribute to the choice of tooling and architectural approaches used by the team and keep abreast of best practice in the development of secure, reliable applications.
On any given day you might:
As a senior member of a dynamic cross functional team, you will have many responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Contributing to the success of the team in designing, developing, testing and delivering high quality enterprise grade software solutions.
- Working closely with other engineers, architects, product owners and UX experts across the whole business. Engaging with distributed teams to ensure cohesive development across the platform and technical stacks.
- Contributing to story refinement and creating solution designs.
- Implementing solutions to complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Participating in code, test and design reviews, and contributing to UI best practices.
- Mentoring other software developers on design patterns and development best practices.
- Investigating, evaluating & recommending appropriate tools, technologies & techniques.
- Delivering secure FE software solutions in a micro-services based architecture which align with our requirements and quality gates.
- Reporting the right things in the right way at the right time
- Acting as a gatekeeper you will work in a way that protects our people, systems and complies with our InfoSec and security policies and procedures
- Continuously improve how we get things done; recommend and implement better faster more effective ways of supporting our clients and team
- Effectively execute any special projects or ad-hoc tasks as assigned
You will bring:
- 5+ years Kotlin/Java application development experience using springboot
- Experience working in an Agile development environment within scrum or Kanban teams
- Experience in automated testing, working with a number of automated frameworks (e.g. Robot, JUnit, Jasmine, Cucumber, Selenium/Protractor, etc)
- TDD and BDD experience an advantage
- Working knowledge of OO Design principles and patterns such as SOLID & DRY
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST and API design for extensibility and portability. Swagger or openAPI experience
- Proven experience developing SaaS on Azure or AWS.
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high loads including performance and memory profiling
- Solid working knowledge of database design, scripting and optimisation including Postgres, Elastic & other NoSQL & RDBMS.
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems, including HA, DR, security and resiliency aspects.
- Experience with designing and implementing microservices
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and build thoughtful solutions
- Experience working with containers and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, AKS, Docker, istio, etc.)
- Highly proactive and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and get things done
- A strong desire to exceed client expectation’s (internal & external) is a must
- An entrepreneurial and adaptable approach is a pre-requisite
- Familiarity with Kotlin,
- Experience in some of Kong, Okta, JWT, Auth0, SSO.
- Experience of Fintech, Secure Coding, secure code reviews.
- Any Blockchain/DLT experience/understanding a benefit
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of workflow engines such as Camunda
- Solid working knowledge of database design, scripting and optimisation including MS SQL Server, MongoDB or other NoSQL & RDBMS.
- Expertise in application integration technologies (SSO, OAuth, etc.)
- Secure development and integration of DevOps tooling (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Consul, Vault, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Manager Resource templates, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.)
- C# .NET application development experience
- Experience working with .NET web application development technologies (E.g. C#, Linq, Entity Framework, MVC, Dependency Injection, Message Queuing)
- Experience of powershell, bash, Helm
What you can expect:
- Life in a fast-moving start-up environment and all that entails
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-lifestyle benefits (tailor your options to what is important to you; i.e. Health care, fitness, travel, continuous professional development etc)
- Pension Scheme
- MacBook or Dell? You choose the type of equipment you need to work more efficiently
- Keep active with numerous fitness team events and challenges organised throughout the year
- Growing your family? We know how important those first few months are for both parents and we are offering paid leave for both mums and dads so you can enjoy the new arrival!
- All the tools and supports needed to do an excellent job
- Ability to make a difference
- A dynamic workplace with a great balance of hard work and fun
- A culture of innovation and a structure in which to innovate
- A nurturing team-oriented environment with mentorship as a key feature of the dynamic