Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Consultants SIOC should have in-depth of knowledge and experience in the core security domain Security Intelligence and Operations and should be able to speak across the entire security landscape as well.
The SIOC consultants are advisors and management consultants who provide subject matter expertise in the form of briefings, workshops, and/or consulting engagements within their domain that assess a client’s security capabilities as well as recommending solutions to enhance a client’s overall security capabilities. Such client security capabilities may involve policy, process, security use case development, technology, or organizational areas.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Design, build and implement security incident and event management and monitoring systems for a client environment (SIEM – SOC);
- Collect and analyzes external data threat and make actionable intelligence and analyze data of security incidents to produce threat intelligence feeds and design, build and disseminate reports that will help make decisions regarding organizational security;
- Furthermore, you should also know how to gather data from Indicators of Comprise (IoCs).
- Advise and design security use cases for different market industries and implement them;
- Align to widely accepted security standards and frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy;
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats;
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
Core consulting skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills and able to align the abstraction level with the audience (from customer representative to technical people);
- Ability to guide groups and be a primary facilitator;
- Strong verbal and writing skills (fluent in Italian and English language);
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model;
- Ability to shape client expectations;
- Drive client pursuits and engage in complex deals;
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment;
- Autonomous and able to integrate easily in the existing team;
- Proactive, analytic and meticulous.
Security Domain Skills:
- In-depth knowledge in core security domain (SIEM & SOC);
- Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions in core domain SIOC;
- Knowledge of SIEM products on the market (IBM QRadar Security Intelligence Platform is preferred);
- Strong knowledge of different threat intelligence types such as strategic threat intelligence, operational threat intelligence, technical threat intelligence, and tactical threat intelligence;
- Have in-depth knowledge and hands on experience of the threat intelligence methodologies, tools, and platforms, including threat intelligence tools, statistical data analysis tools, threat modeling tools and methodologies, threat sharing platforms, and malware analysis tools;
- Know about the numerous data collection and acquisition techniques (e.g. search engines, website footprinting, web services, automated OSINT tools, DNS interrogation);
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree-level education in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent;
- Certifications on Cyber Threat Intelligence (e.g. GCTI, CTIA) would nice to have;
- Certifications on Information Security (e.g. CISSP, GSEC, CEH, CSX, CHFI etc.) would be a plus;
- Extensive experience in threat intelligence, security operation, incident management and vulnerability management;
- Solid knowledge of security-threat intelligence related technology such as MISP, Maltego, Social intelligence platform, Intelligence feeds;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in designing and implementing security architectures;
- Experience with the design and build of two or more different security solutions (like Vulnerability Management, SIEM, Network Security, Endpoint Detection & Response);
- At least 3-5 years of experience in systems integration and overall IT architecture;
- Expertise in creating technical documentation of Architecture, Design, Use cases and Test cases;
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.