About Zumo Zumo is the FCA registered, blockchain-powered digital asset partner for individuals and institutions. We're on a mission to bring the benefits of digital currencies to people and busines
Zumo is the FCA registered, blockchain-powered digital asset partner for individuals and institutions. We’re on a mission to bring the benefits of digital currencies to people and businesses everywhere through sustainable and responsible growth.
Zumo App, our consumer crypto wallet, allows individuals to exchange, store, send and spend cryptocurrency alongside their ordinary money. Zumo Enterprise, our B2B crypto-as-a-service platform, helps banks and financial institutions to roll out compliant and ESG-aligned crypto products.
Guided by the principles of sustainability, security and customer empowerment, Zumo provides simple and secure technologies to unlock the benefits of crypto and web3. We believe in a career-defining experience for our people, and we’re looking for individuals who share our values to join us on the journey to build a better financial future.
As a Senior Risk Manager, you will be directly responsible for maturing the risk management framework in alignment with the growth and expansion of the business, providing the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects that will allow you to leverage the experience you have gained in your career to date, as well as quickly developing new skills across Zumo.
Head of Compliance, working closely with the Operations Director.
£60,000-70,000 depending on experience
- Develop, enhance, and maintain all aspects of the Risk Management framework covering both Financial and Non-Financial risks.
- Support Zumo’s risk identification, monitoring, escalation, and approval processes, including effective analysis and assessment of major new and/or emerging or assumed risks, and the related risk management processes.
- Support, challenge and oversee the Risk & Control Assessments (RACAs).
- Develop and oversee Risk Registers across all entities within Zumo.
- Produce streamlined, structured Risk Reports (with dashboards) for submission and presentation to senior management, Governance Committees and the Board.
- Design and implement regulatory compliance frameworks to support both service and compliance functions to assess third party controls and monitor ongoing risks.
- Define activities to improve the operating environment, including the selection and implementation of process management and reporting tools.
- Take ownership of the production of the Risk, Approach, Issues and Dependencies (RAID) logs for projects.
- Experience in regulatory, risk and compliance within a FinTech / Financial Services environment, with sound electronic money regulation and cryptocurrency knowledge.
- Extensive experience collecting, collating, and producing consolidated risk reports and presentations for the Board, CEO and Executive Committee.
- Proven track record as a Senior Risk leader, championing a positive risk culture through the formulation of risk-mitigation processes and risk advisory for products and services, working in an agile manner but also with discipline and structure.
- Making risk management accessible to all, appropriate and proportionate for the business.
- Consultative style with the ability to breakdown complex information to suit target audience.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
Zumo’s internal mission is to create an environment where you can create the best work of your career. In order to do that, we offer:
- A remote first hybrid work environment – Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a remote first hybrid team, giving you the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
- Professional development – We focus on fostering a culture of learning, curiosity and ongoing professional development.
- Pension – We give you flexibility to opt in to our voluntary company pension scheme.
- Unlimited holiday – Having plentiful “off the grid” time is key to doing your best work. We offer flexible time off. Take time when you need it and receive a £500 bonus when you take five or more consecutive days off.
- At Zumo, we believe in the strength that difference brings to our business, our culture, and our community. We value the opinions and experiences of all our colleagues and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
- We believe that the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone
- Our decision-making is founded on the balance between people, profit and planet
- The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
- We seek to make the complex simple
- We don’t use jargon
- We bring our A game to work every day
- We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
- We give feedback in a respectful way
Love the adventure
- We don’t take the easy path unless it’s the right one
- We’re constantly exploring to find the best way
- We accept failure as part of the road to success
Towards a sustainable world
When it comes to crypto, we don’t believe progress should come at the cost of the environment. As the sector develops and matures at unparalleled pace, we have the perfect opportunity to ensure we develop products and behaviours that will help the future of the planet. And we believe we can play our part in demystifying the information surrounding digital assets and their impact on the climate, helping everyone to understand, assess and contribute to the decarbonisation of the industry. Find out more about our net zero strategy, partnerships, environmental pledge and work to decarbonise the sector on our website.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00-£70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 29/01/2023
Expected start date: 01/02/2023